Samsonpaul

Reaction score
I don't know what's this on my Biotape aquarium recently I've collected some Jungle Vallisneria and some other plants from local river and I placed them in this tank after 5 days these little floating things came please tell me what's this and how to solve and Jewel fish in this tank

Attachments

• IMG_20240101_103918.jpg
    IMG_20240101_103918.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20240101_103911.jpg
    IMG_20240101_103911.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 29
I can't really see from the pics, but they look like bubbles, similar to a beta's bubble nest. What fish do you have in there? It could also maybe be some kind of eggs, however I think bubbles are more likely.

Happy new year and hope this helps!

EDIT- I'll pretend not to be jealous that you can collect wild val 😲 That's great! Our creeks don't have much, but one has completely clogged up in one section with frogbit which I suspect a lazy aquarist flushed down the drain...

I can't really see from the pics, but they look like bubbles, similar to a beta's bubble nest. What fish do you have in there? It could also maybe be some kind of eggs, however I think bubbles are more likely.

Happy new year and hope this helps!

EDIT- I'll pretend not to be jealous that you can collect wild val 😲 That's great! Our creeks don't have much, but one has completely clogged up in one section with frogbit which I suspect a lazy aquarist flushed down the drain...
Hahaha... Happy New Year bro...., and I kept Jewel Cichlid fish.

You keep jewels? (*more jealousy* :))

Badger- I wouldn't say so... last time I checked duckweed was green ;)

I stand by my idea that it's bubbles, either from a fish or air that's coming up from somewhere, maybe from putting the plants in or disturbing the substrate or something. Then again... you only have to look at the signature :).

OP, try taking one/a group out of the tank and onto something (maybe a paper towel?) and see if it has substance. I'm rather curious now. If it's a bubble, it'll probably pop, if it's an egg or something it should remain the same.

You keep jewels? (*more jealousy* :))

Badger- I wouldn't say so... last time I checked duckweed was green ;)

I stand by my idea that it's bubbles, either from a fish or air that's coming up from somewhere, maybe from putting the plants in or disturbing the substrate or something. Then again... you only have to look at the signature :).

OP, try taking one/a group out of the tank and onto something (maybe a paper towel?) and see if it has substance. I'm rather curious now. If it's a bubble, it'll probably pop, if it's an egg or something it should remain the same.
Yes bro I keep male & female Jewel but male always chasing so I separated them and when collecting Jun. Val and some other plants I collected Rohani Barbs kept next tank one Barb jumped into jewel tank 2 days later barb gone

The photos don't tell me much. Can you descibe the thing in question. Does it move, for example?

Most reactions

Back