Does The Tetratec Ex1200 Fit In The New Juwel Cupboards?!?!

I can't vouch for the 405, but my 404 is every bit as good as my Tetratec 1200 in terms of flow - it just doesn't hold quite as much media and doesn't look as fancy. My 404 is still going strong after almost 4+ years, while my Tetratec hasn't stood the test of time yet (4 months old).

I'm just trying to help out, lol. 405 is that bad, really - I thought it would be ok going off my 404, but I could be wrong? Look for reviews for the 405 from people who actually own/have owned them is your best bet - coz it's no good waiting for Tetratec to design a 1200lph that 'does' fit in your cupboard!!

I used to work in a fish shop, the Fluval's are okay if you maintain them regularly but their seals are prone to failing, though I'm sure if you get a newer model you can avoid this common problem.

Comparing the Fluval 405 to a TetraTex ex1200 is like comparing AIDS to the common cold, I know which I'd rather have.

Comparing the Fluval 405 to a TetraTex ex1200 is like comparing AIDS to the common cold, I know which I'd rather have.

Prob his best post in 3435 posts :p :good:
:eek:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all fairness, and i know AL will probably fall out with me for saying this... ( :D ) the flow from a fluval 305 is pretty decent. The build quality isn't really compareable though and neither is the included media.

I'll have a look around, my Dad really isn't happy about doing some DIY on the cabinet though. The main problem is sound, I have hypersensitive hearing (even mouse scarers keep me awake :S) so the quietest thing would be the best. If a filter fits in the cupboard, we can sound proof it if its too loud but if its out in the open then.... The problem will become apparent I guess.

all three of my 1200's have been silent. :good:

How big a gap is it on the cupboard with the door open?

Oh gap in the cupboard!!! :fun: Silly me! 30cm deep, 24 across and 32 high. The middle (open)shelf is 26 across according to Fintastic (I dont have the cabinet yet, it still hasnt arrived!)

Prob his best post in 3435 posts :p :good:
:eek:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all fairness, and i know AL will probably fall out with me for saying this... ( :D ) the flow from a fluval 305 is pretty decent. The build quality isn't really compareable though and neither is the included media.

And you know why the flow is decent cos there as tight as a nats chuff with their media :good: :lol: :lol:

32cm high? :blink:

Lol is that not pretty much a cube then cabinet :lol:

Mines chocka mate, added loads to it. Just a shame about the noisy impeller. Suppose i could just buy a new one though :lol:

Yea I was dubious of those sizes myself! Maybe it was with the shelf thingie in the middle? Could someone clarify the size of the cupboards please! (the new version with the open section in the middle)

Most reactions

Back