Do You Name Your Fish?

Do you name your fish?

• Total voters
Sadly my daughter names our platys Twinkle, Sparkles, and Minny (she's a micky mouse platy), a molly called Freckles though I took the reins on two of the corys, Dyson and Edgar (as in hoover). Sad but true. :rolleyes:

It's obviously a girl thing
wahey.gif
............. It would be good to also add a box "Do you fish respond to their names?" That would be impressive
w00t.gif
............... I once saw a fish that was very lazy, and I think its name was Kipper ........... and I do know what you call a fish with no eyes, a fsh!
shout.gif

It's obviously a girl thing
wahey.gif
............. It would be good to also add a box "Do you fish respond to their names?" That would be impressive
w00t.gif
............... I once saw a fish that was very lazy, and I think its name was Kipper ........... and I do know what you call a fish with no eyes, a fsh!
shout.gif
LOL

My lobsters are
Dada-chum and Dada-chee (stephen king reference)
No "dod-a-chock"? lol
We have a platy named No-Tail (he lost his entire tail in a lobster attack when they shared a tank and survived then grew in a clear tail where it was previously black.

We have a Jumbo neon tetra named Tank Because every time we tried adding tetras we failed but he was our first and survived even the first lobster hatch before they had a species tank.

My dempsy has been named Big Boy because he is getting huge.

I know my wife has named her mollies

I will stop there as we have a lot of fish :p

Nah I always have dada-chum dada-chee whos got the key in my head.

My Angel fish is called Falco, but the rest are just fish.

When I first got my first betta fish, I lived in a 10' x 10' room with three cats. I named the poor fish Lunch. It seemed fitting.. Except that every time he saw a cat he'd come rushing up to the side of the tank flaring and the cats would run away.

Mine do have names, but its as if a child named them. :lol:
Angelfish - Angel
Big Plec - Big fish
Smaller plec - Little big fish
shrimp - Shrimpy(all named the same)

So simple. :lol:

popeye- because he has no eye
the lady that worked at the petco that i got him from gave him to me for free because nobody wanted him,and then told me i should name him popeye
here is a pic of his no eye side
d9e32012.jpg

I used to have 3 fish that only had names.. THEN i started getting soo addicted to fish i could count them all.

Why would nobody want you betta fishy friend2 his gorgeous!

"Betta- Sir Spok (betcha didn't know spok got a knighthood huh? :lol: )"
--ParadiseGuerrero

Are you a Trekkie, or is this a person I don't know about? If you are a Trekkie, you spelled Spock wrong, so shame on you. If you're not a Trekkie, sorry for the misconception, but I am a Trekkie, so I try to find other Trekkies to talk to.

it is Spock from Startrek but I've always ignored the proper spelling and done with out a c for some reason :huh:

Cool! I ignore proper spelling with everything except for Star Trek and Lord of the Rings, which I am in awe of. I am glad there are trekkies like me out there. Just wondering, why did you name a fish which species is violent after a peaceful person? And why did you give him a knighthood?

i did name mine when i only had 2 sunset platys but now i have 3 its too hard to name the 2 female ones because there identical haha

tango and fanta i called them before i got the third haha

popeye- because he has no eye
the lady that worked at the petco that i got him from gave him to me for free because nobody wanted him,and then told me i should name him popeye
here is a pic of his no eye side
d9e32012.jpg

thats sad that no one wanted him. i always drift toward unique fish... ^.^

I always drift towards the betta section because they look so sad in those little jars. I am was quite impressed with Petsmart today though. They had some really gorgeous betta females today. They almost never have females.

Most reactions

Back