Disappointing Fish?

:D

you like it?

it is intended to be tongue in cheek before you all think i've got a bit vain! ;)

we were discussing in what way Mary Poppins was not perfect (as she claims to be practically perfect in every way) and came to the conclusion that she is perfect, except for the crippling OCD :D :lol:

Yeah I like Miss Poppins, she was pretty hot back then.
Didn't know she had OCD, damn shame about that. Oh Well Miss Wiggle Poppins is no longer perfect :)

I kept some clown loaches a while back and they were brilliant always swimming about looking for food and playing with eachother unfortunately they died due to a severe case of ich that nearly wiped out my whole tank.

I recently bought another 4 and they are nothing like my previous ones, they hide all day and only come out when I'm not in the room, when they spot me they all scurry away and hide. So disappointed :(

Yeah I like Miss Poppins, she was pretty hot back then.
Didn't know she had OCD, damn shame about that. Oh Well Miss Wiggle Poppins is no longer perfect :)

that was just our random musings, not sure where the OCD thing came from. for some reason my lovely other half thought that was a good topic of conversation for 6am today while i was trying to get ready for work.

made me giggle though.

think a few fella's have a secret crush on mary poppins!

Cories and ottos...

Lots of good stories on this forum, but mine just sit and stare at me. Wait a minute... maybe they are studying my behavior and wondering why such a handsome fellow spends so much time staring into a fish tank... Nahhh I doubt it.

Cories and ottos...

Lots of good stories on this forum, but mine just sit and stare at me. Wait a minute... maybe they are studying my behavior and wondering why such a handsome fellow spends so much time staring into a fish tank... Nahhh I doubt it.
yeah, they are the ones at the zoo, wondering why you sitting still staring at them from your cage :lol:

I spent £300 on a male/female pair of Hemibagrus punctatus that were happily co habbiting the same tank, after 6 months they started taking lumps out of each other so i had to seperate them and now i never even see them as they have become so nocturnal that they wont even feed when the fish house has moonlights on.

that was just our random musings, not sure where the OCD thing came from. for some reason my lovely other half thought that was a good topic of conversation for 6am today while i was trying to get ready for work.

made me giggle though.

think a few fella's have a secret crush on mary poppins!
Poppins made Miss Wiggle Giggle :)
A giggle for breakfast is always a good way to start the day

Yeah I think a few guys like Something about Mary Poppins

I bought 5 angelfish and they are pretty boring, they kind of just drift around. I guess there not really bad, just not what I expected them to be like

what about them stupid african butterfly fish?? lol when i first got one i was think "waaaaay! i have myself a mini arowana here! this is great!"
for a few days he was swimming round and i was loving it but then just under a week later, he had found a nice gentle place to stay all day and all night long.

how boring!!

it just looked like a little stick sitting on my tanks water level lol waste of money i think.

what about them stupid african butterfly fish?? lol when i first got one i was think "waaaaay! i have myself a mini arowana here! this is great!"
for a few days he was swimming round and i was loving it but then just under a week later, he had found a nice gentle place to stay all day and all night long.
how boring!!
it just looked like a little stick sitting on my tanks water level lol waste of money i think.
The Twig Catfish (Farlowella acus) is worse. It actually looks like a twig and sits there doing nothing, day in, day out. You may as well buy a piece of driftwood.

all my bettas have a great personality. but...... some we have in the shop are lazy and boring. i think they are all so different that its luck of the draw with them.

Probably because the ones in the shop are in a small tank?
Bettas too like space, and they are happier in a bigger tank.

Most reactions

Back