Deal Or What?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Man of fish

I'm Interested in.... ----|> that
Reaction score
I got a second-hand 10 gallon bowfront tank froma kid in my neighborhood who recently started doing saltwater. I got the tank, the stand, the filter, heater, 3 containers of various food, a few 3 day feeders, an air pump, a net, a mag-float like thing, a light and hood, a thermometer, and an ammonia test thing all for I almost died...... $15!!! I gave him $20 though because he had so much stuff and I felt bad giving him so little.

Oh and it came with 6 fish a khuli loach, 2 cherry barbs and 3 unidentified fish. Apparently tetras or danios. I'll see when I get them in the tank.

Are you planning on keeping all those fish in then 10? that would be wayy overstocked. that is a really good deal though. I dont think you would be able to buy the tank alone or heater alone for that amount of money

No this tank is going to be my qt tank the fish are going in my main tank where the khuli and cherries will get friends and I'll see on the other 3.
And yeah a ten gallontank is $10 during a dollar per gallon sale and $13 regular price. It is about 2-3 years old though but it just needed a good scrub.

Good find
good.gif

Actually my older sister found it for me. It was her friend and he asked her to tell me he'd sell me it so I offered him $15 and he said yeah then I get there and we start to pack stuff and he's pulling stuff out from everywhere but I gotta tell you this tank was so dirty you could barely see the fish or deco for that matter.

I just got the fish back in the tank and so I'll leave them for a week or so to make sure there's no sickness, then I'll add a khuli as a friend for now then put them in my main tank after another week or 2.
It looks like I have 1 orange khuli loach, a mated pair of cherry barbs (have spawned but he didn't wanna deal with breeding. Maybe I'll try a crack at it :hyper: ) a long fin zebra danio and 2 black neon tetras. The khuli loach is my favorite. He's just so cute!!! And orange is my favorite color. :blush:

I seem to have lost the camera I'll go look around for it.

I seem to have lost the camera I'll go look around for it.

Seems like you got a great deal bud! The tank alone is worth more than you paid just because it isn't a standard 10 gal. The rest is all gravy............

Def. post pictures when you get a chance.

I'm setting up another 20 gallon high today, with playsand substrate that I bought for $4 for 50 pounds. I paid $20 for the tank alone and it was pretty dirty. I'll be using my son's old hood & light since we upgraded that tank's lighting to T5. I have a Top Fin 20 hang on back filter with adjustable flow rate & I'll be adding the Marineland Penguin 100 hang on back filter that came with the 10 gallon that I'll be breaking down. I'll also be using the heater, air pump & airstone that I was using for that same 10 gallon.

yeah i'm gonna get him a friend until March then get 4 more once I change to sand. Until then the pair will be in this tank because the gravel is finer than my 29. And yeah it was a great deal because he wanted to get rid of it since he started sw. He gave me all of his fw stuff except his little bros betta. It's in one of those small Lee's dual betta Hex and he said he hasn't changed the waterin over a year. That made me mad. I offered him $10 but he said no it was his baby. :unsure: :blink: :crazy:

Great deal definitely put some pics up soon.
We haven't seen pics of your Betta yet either, what colour is he?
Btw you don't need a camera, photobucket have a free app for your iPhone.
I use an app for my iPad

Oh really. Ok I thought I needed a camera cause my phones a 1st gen. That's why I haven't posted my betta. He's a greenish blue with a black head.

Most reactions

Back