Czech White Pandas?

Kets

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was looking around this website when I saw some pics of completely white pandas (not albino because there isnt a red eye). Anyone know who developed this strain, whether it is dominant or recessive, or where to get them?

I was looking around this website when I saw some pics of completely white pandas (not albino because there isnt a red eye). Anyone know who developed this strain, whether it is dominant or recessive, or where to get them?

They are line bred in the czech republic to achieve that colour. I dont know of any places here in the UK that does, or would want to stock them.

They breed some strange fish in the Czech Republic. :blink: Looking around on that site I saw balloon shaped pandas too. I always thought breeding fish with unnaturally long fins was a shame, but with the swollen looking bodies it's just disgusting. With so many beautiful and different species of corydoras, why would anyone want to do that?

On the other hand, I see less harm in breeding for color than shape or finnage. At least it doesn't make it hard for them to swim.

I too think that the balloons/short-bodied are very creepy.

Most reactions

Back