Cycling Nitrite

Wait till it drops to 0 then choose a time to add each day - say 7pm - then test each day to see if it goes from 5ppm to zero in 24 hours.

Then start testing nitrites and also reduce the ammonia to 3ppm - nitrites will be sky high for 2 - 3 weeks - when they are also dropping to zero in 24 hours start testing every 12 hours (but only add ammonia once every 24 hours).

Get to this stage then ask again.

Wait till it drops to 0 then choose a time to add each day - say 7pm - then test each day to see if it goes from 5ppm to zero in 24 hours.

Then start testing nitrites and also reduce the ammonia to 3ppm - nitrites will be sky high for 2 - 3 weeks - when they are also dropping to zero in 24 hours start testing every 12 hours (but only add ammonia once every 24 hours).

Get to this stage then ask again.

Billiant will do. So add the correct dose of ammonia? On my size tank I think it's 9ml using 9.5% ammonia. When I drop the ammonia dosage what will I reduce to? From 9ml to?

The calculator has a "desired level" field that you can change down to 3 (it just has 5 in it by default.) When you dose your tank per an amount the calculator has given you, its good to test later on (20, 30min after mixing) to see how well it seems to match up with the test result - usually its pretty close.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back