Cory eggs again, best method?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tylixxa

Reaction score
just found another batch of cory eggs on a fake plant. if you recall about two weeks ago i had a batch which i removed and placed in a small container w/air stone. nothing. so now i got a breeders net and thought about using it. is this a better method? what about air flow and treating for fungus? i dont have any meth blue just maroxy and it says use 1/2 cap for 10 gallons. should i use this and will it harm the other fishes?
tia

Hello,
We have just hatched 80-100 fry from our 5 batch !
Batch 1=0......Eggs were placed in Hatchery net in the main tank and went fungi ! :/
Batch 2=3 fry..........same way but found the little buggers in my canister filter 2 weeks later. A very good size to ! :thumbs:
Batch 3=0 Parent fish placed into breeding tank........and they ate the eggs all of them :crazy:
Batch 4= 5 fry..........removed the eggs that were laid on a glass sheet we placed into the tank and put it into a 1 gal tank with meth blue and air stone,heater,light and a thin layer of sand..........went fungi but as we were about to throw the lot found 5 very small fry. :)
Batch 5 = 80-100 fry................removed parents from tank, the eggs were on the glass in 3 batch sites, Placed air stones under each batch and TURNED THEM ON FULL POWER....NO meth blue and thin layer of sand, removed the filter and placed behind a glass wall (to stop the fry from being dragged in) within 3 days out they popped :D

What i would do is.....Remove the plant, eggs and all and place into a small tank.
Put an air stone right under them and turn it up as high as you can, It will not blow them off!
Place sand on the bottom!
Keep the filter away or remove it from them!
Use meth blue or what you have ? If you wish.?

So............keep trying, It's worth it and hopefully you will do it :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back