Corrys Darting Around The Tank?

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
Is this normal for them or is there something wrong with the water ? I tested it yestarday and it seems fined and the heat is at 25c which I always keep an eye on.

Are they not just playing?

If parameters are all ok then chances are they're just having fun?

Are they not just playing?

If parameters are all ok then chances are they're just having fun?

I would agree if they both did it, but sometimes just one does it themselfs and the other just sits in the sand.

Hrmmm I see...

Sorry I can't be of much help but my corys do kind of the same thing and have done since day 1...

I don't know If that's any relief to you but personally I wouldn't be alarmed

Someone may disagree but that's my opinion

Hrmmm I see...

Sorry I can't be of much help but my corys do kind of the same thing and have done since day 1...

I don't know If that's any relief to you but personally I wouldn't be alarmed

Someone may disagree but that's my opinion

Thank you JHR.

i agree with JHR, my cories do that as well, whether they all dart up and down together, or just one. I would say, to keep an eye on whether he is actually breathing at the surface when he goes up or not. (for future purposes) As that can be a sign of a water problem, but in the video he seems to be just playing, and your water readings are fine :)

All mine do that...some times when they go up for air it seems alot faster than what yours move in the video...i think they are just playing :)

Perfectly normal. They are not darting. They are playing. They do it singles too, even if you have a dozen of them.

i agree with JHR, my cories do that as well, whether they all dart up and down together, or just one. I would say, to keep an eye on whether he is actually breathing at the surface when he goes up or not. (for future purposes) As that can be a sign of a water problem, but in the video he seems to be just playing, and your water readings are fine
smile.png

Although they aren't a labyrinth fish, cories do occasionally like to breath gaseous oxygen, so they will whizz up to the surface and gulp, and it's not a problem. So, only start to worry if the other fish do it!

i agree with JHR, my cories do that as well, whether they all dart up and down together, or just one. I would say, to keep an eye on whether he is actually breathing at the surface when he goes up or not. (for future purposes) As that can be a sign of a water problem, but in the video he seems to be just playing, and your water readings are fine
smile.png

Although they aren't a labyrinth fish, cories do occasionally like to breath gaseous oxygen, so they will whizz up to the surface and gulp, and it's not a problem. So, only start to worry if the other fish do it!

My neons have been fine since I got them. One of my corys got darker and seems to hide a lot more now but I guess there getting used to live in the tank. Donno for how much longer as am about to add another 4.

smile.png

Right. you said it much better than I tried too.
blush.png
I meant that if they seem to be going to the surface more than usual, it could point to a water problem.

smile.png

blush.png
I meant that if they seem to be going to the surface more than usual, it could point to a water problem.

coolx.gif

smile.png

blush.png

coolx.gif

They go so rarely to the surface that it will take quite a while to see one particular cory do it when you are watching them unless you stare at the tank all day. So yes, if they go too often, then there's a problem and corys are very good water quality indicators. They'll show signs before most other fish do. If you see all your corys motionless and hiding during day time, then there's a problem.

My corys will surface when there eating? I watch them nibble on my catfish food for awhile then shoot up for air and go back to eating and laying around.

Also my corys are hiding more than they used too, One of them has found alittle cave under my plastic castle or will hide behind my big rock thing I have. He never used to do that, But I've been testing my water every few days and there's nothing wrong with the readings am getting. I'll shall report back later today with some tests I'll do after work.

Most reactions

Back