Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

Holland is going in lockdown again. Today's press conference by our prime minister resulted in more measures and restrictions. It also means that the biggest vivaristic event of western Europe Vivarium 2021 has been canceled immediately. Just two weeks time left before it would open up its doors to the public again. Me and other exhibitors who have made serious preps for this event, can put all their things aside. It also means that we as being the exhibitors, have already lost money by making the costs beforehand. Just a certain percentage of those costs will be refunded.
It's a real pity that it's been canceled. A year of preps for nothing. I also had to disappoint a number of people from abroad that they can't pick up their orders at the Vivarium. But I do understand why the decision to cancel the event came that fast after the press conference. We can't guarantee the 6 foot social distance at such an event. And some more issues that caused the cancelation within the regulations of the covid policy.
255737001_4671141479591143_3213463399611967020_n.jpg

The lockdown will last three weeks starting from tomorrow at 6 pm. The number of people having covid has grown so fast the past weeks after the government had let go of the former covid measures. It's extreme now.
IMG_1999[1].JPGIMG_2001[1].JPG

Contentious post so if easily offended, do not read it :p

China must be feeling pretty smug with themselves by now.

Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Macedonia, France, Northern Ireland, Eire, Denmark, Belgium, Luxembourg...the list is growing daily of countries either reverting back to full or partial lockdown and making vaccination mandatory....this, in turn, has sparked mass protests, some that have turned extremely violent against such measures.

I care not what WHO say, since they have been cohorts with China since day one and refusing to apportion blame in their direction.

China has ALOT to answer for.

Over the years they have damaged industry, technology, stolen ideas and called them their own....and got away with it scott free.

Unfettered migration certainly is not helping the situation in mainland Europe but the buck for this anarchy stops at China's front door mat. They manufactured the virus and they released the virus and there is NOTHING that will ever convince me to the contrary.

Hoping that our members in the Netherlands, Belgium, and other European countries experiencing violent protests, are staying safe. Hoping for calm to be restored very quickly.

I dunno how many of you here have had the pleasure of riding the COVID train yet, but, I have it right now, day 3 of fever.

All I am gonna say is be ready. Get some Zinc supps. Get some Vitamin D3 supps. Get you some juice with Vitamin C. Hell, get some pedialyte advanced too. Be ready for EXTREME muscle aches. This crud is like the flu, but, waaaaaay more muscle aches. If you're lucky, like my docs office told me I am, you'll get minimal lung symptoms, and minimal organ issues. However, you might black out from the coughs. I was slapping myself in the forehead a few times. Is a wicked cough. The fever with chills is relentless. My feet and hands have been ice cubes for 3 days. Cold sweats like crazy. Sleep is an hour at a time if you're lucky. My case has been "very mild" they told me over the phone.

I am not a pusher by any means, but, if you have ANY conditions that will put you at risk, weigh the risk of a shot. This virus is a very wicked virus, unlike anything I have experienced before. I have had Influenza A and B in the last 5 years, and this makes them look like a.small.case of the sniffles.

Oh, and don't go cleaning a fish tank with it either. At least keep your hands out of the water, especially if you have any wounds, even scabbed. Your immune system is going to be VERY busy fighting this thing. I made that mistake....

Be safe out there people. Even if you have not seen this thing, or know anyone who has had it, don't buy in to all that online rubbish of a "plandemic" or "it's just a cold/flu" or whatever else. It is very real. It sucks, bad. My kid had it, and then I caught it, and my old lady has it.

One other note. Just because someone is vaxxed doesn't mean they are safe, or you are safe from them. They can, and will, spread it. This is how I caught it. I contracted it from a coworker who is vaccinated, had "just some sniffles", and.was blowing snot all over the place. He had been dropping groceries off at one of his.friends houses who had it, and thought he was safe being vaxxed, went into the house. He doesn't know that he shared this, because being vaxxex, he had extremely mild symptoms. Just a slightly runny nose. His stupidity has gotten my entire family sick with it, and even my kids elderly great grandmother sick with it now too.

Protect yourselves and be proactive.

I dunno how many of you here have had the pleasure of riding the COVID train yet, but, I have it right now, day 3 of fever.

All I am gonna say is be ready. Get some Zinc supps. Get some Vitamin D3 supps. Get you some juice with Vitamin C. Hell, get some pedialyte advanced too. Be ready for EXTREME muscle aches. This crud is like the flu, but, waaaaaay more muscle aches. If you're lucky, like my docs office told me I am, you'll get minimal lung symptoms, and minimal organ issues. However, you might black out from the coughs. I was slapping myself in the forehead a few times. Is a wicked cough. The fever with chills is relentless. My feet and hands have been ice cubes for 3 days. Cold sweats like crazy. Sleep is an hour at a time if you're lucky. My case has been "very mild" they told me over the phone.

I am not a pusher by any means, but, if you have ANY conditions that will put you at risk, weigh the risk of a shot. This virus is a very wicked virus, unlike anything I have experienced before. I have had Influenza A and B in the last 5 years, and this makes them look like a.small.case of the sniffles.

Oh, and don't go cleaning a fish tank with it either. At least keep your hands out of the water, especially if you have any wounds, even scabbed. Your immune system is going to be VERY busy fighting this thing. I made that mistake....

Be safe out there people. Even if you have not seen this thing, or know anyone who has had it, don't buy in to all that online rubbish of a "plandemic" or "it's just a cold/flu" or whatever else. It is very real. It sucks, bad. My kid had it, and then I caught it, and my old lady has it.

One other note. Just because someone is vaxxed doesn't mean they are safe, or you are safe from them. They can, and will, spread it. This is how I caught it. I contracted it from a coworker who is vaccinated, had "just some sniffles", and.was blowing snot all over the place. He had been dropping groceries off at one of his.friends houses who had it, and thought he was safe being vaxxed, went into the house. He doesn't know that he shared this, because being vaxxex, he had extremely mild symptoms. Just a slightly runny nose. His stupidity has gotten my entire family sick with it, and even my kids elderly great grandmother sick with it now too.

Protect yourselves and be proactive.
You seem to be very critical of the vaccinated person with a case of the sniffles that you think you contracted it from.

The big question is, were you yourself actually vaccinated?

I'm being overly critical of this person because prior to him shooting snot out of his nose all over the equipment where I work, he was bringing groceries to a friend of his who had covid, but instead of dropping it off outside, he was going inside. A week later, he was snotty, and coating stuff in it we all have to touch.

I mean, if that's not a reason to be overly critical, I don't know what is.

I don't think that's where it came from. I know it is, because everyone at my place of work had the same symptoms when I arrived there Friday. It's a yearly thing where this guy does this. Gets the whole joint sick twice a year.

Any ways you slice it, what he was doing is reckless. I didn't find out he was vaxxed until the weekend before, cause he went to a concert, and told me he was. He was anti vax until his family told him they wouldn't hang out with him.

Either way, I can't prove it because he gonna have antibodies either way, and nobody is gonna look. That's the type of people I work with. Guess we are all idiots in our own ways.

I also know it was this because I have not gone anywhere really in the past month or so, except work.

My kid got the fever first, but I had some symptoms of something last Monday. Had that dry face stuff you get when ya get sick. The tingle in the nose, at work with this dude 2 days before the dry face. My kid had a fever for 3 days, and is back to like nothing happened. She has some residual nasal voice and stuff, but overall, she is ok. My old lady and I both noticed dry faces Monday night, the night before the kid had the fever. We just took longer to present. Considering average onset of symptoms is 5.1 days, it's easy to do the math and figure out what happened.

What difference does that make?

I contracted COVID-19. People everywhere vaxxed are still contracting it, and a lot are spreading it...most times unknowingly.

It's like wearing a helmet on a.crotch rocket. Some people just get that sense of complete protection, and then plug into the back of a.semi.

A lot of vaxxed folk are going thru life feeling like they are protected, and in reality, spreading this thing.

We just crept up to 80,000 "breakthrough" cases where I live. They used to call this "vaccine failure" when I was a kid. 4.5% of those people have died. Vaccinated breakthrough case death rate tops the national death rate in the US since the start (1.6%). They like to water that down to breakthrough death rate is 0.01%. This is true for the entire pandemic, but it is dishonest reporting.

It doesn't matter if I got vaxxed. I contracted it. It came from a vaxxed individual. I'm not knockin.him for his choice to get it. I'm pissed at his continued recklessness because of it. This is simply one of many stupid things this guy has done. It's surprising he still has all his fingers and toes. The fallout from it has reached deep into the family, both vaxxed and unvaxxed. It could have been prevented if the idiot woulda used a kleenex.

What difference does that make?

I contracted COVID-19. People everywhere vaxxed are still contracting it, and a lot are spreading it...most times unknowingly.

It's like wearing a helmet on a.crotch rocket. Some people just get that sense of complete protection, and then plug into the back of a.semi.

A lot of vaxxed folk are going thru life feeling like they are protected, and in reality, spreading this thing.

We just crept up to 80,000 "breakthrough" cases where I live. They used to call this "vaccine failure" when I was a kid. 4.5% of those people have died. Vaccinated breakthrough case death rate tops the national death rate in the US since the start (1.6%). They like to water that down to breakthrough death rate is 0.01%. This is true for the entire pandemic, but it is dishonest reporting.

It doesn't matter if I got vaxxed. I contracted it. It came from a vaxxed individual. I'm not knockin.him for his choice to get it. I'm pissed at his continued recklessness because of it. This is simply one of many stupid things this guy has done. It's surprising he still has all his fingers and toes. The fallout from it has reached deep into the family, both vaxxed and unvaxxed. It could have been prevented if the idiot woulda used a kleenex.
🙄

Must be a few CNN fans.here.....😂

Ya can't believe everything you see on tv folks. Nobody is being honest about this thing. This is why there are folks not taking it seriously.

My point here was that if you have not had it, be ready because it is very real. It is not a.matter of if, but when you'll get it. Even vaxxed. Most vaxxed folk don't get counted because they don't get tested (the ones who get it). There are many medical papers out there that cover this.

At this point, it doesn't matter. I contracted it. I have robust immunity now, either way. Above average maybe...😉

I have taken a turn here. Feet are no longer ice. Muscle aches are all but gone (cept the laying around for 4 days rigor setting in). Sense of smell finally altered yesterday. Overall, symptoms are subsiding. Looking like I might pull thru (much to the chagrin of some perhaps).

I study medicine folks. Not just a newspaper article. I read medical.journals. I know physiology and pathology. I know and understand how this all.works, including what happens with this in the body. I know the reality of survivability. The long term effects. Who has potential to get this or that. I am not simply a fish idiot who read a newspaper article or listened to a biased fool on tv and consider myself an expert. I put in the hours of study. I know just enough about this particular virus that my fever broke in 3 days because of how I treated it. My whole family is pulling thru, but my kids great grandmother is yet to be seen how that is going to play out (fully vaxxed btw). She don't listen to me either. She knows everything. The sad **** is, she caught it because of the sneaky nature of this bug. People can spread it without symptoms. That is confirmed. That is what happened. I hope she pulls thru. The reality is she never leaves her house, so, she got it from us while we were asymptomatic. Fully vaxxed with far worse symptoms than we had.

Now, we don't need to worry about contracting it anymore.

This new variant called Omicron which is believed to have originated in South Africa is starting to spread to other countries. UK has reported cases of the variant called Omicron and now Germany has reported its first case. This is a highly transmissible variant and is of great concern to the US and other countries.

If necessary, Pfizer stated that it could produce a vaccine against this variant in about 100 days. The US has put travel restrictions for several countries in South Africa.

The hospitals in my area are nearing full capacity, not only due to covid cases, but due to people who put off having elective surgery till Covid died down. But now they are starting to cease performing elective surgeries due to the nearly filled hospitals.

Has your country expressed concerns about this new variant? Is your country posting any travel restrictions due to Omicron variant? Are any other restrictions being put in place?

The US stock market dropped over 2 % on Friday and the price of oil dropped over 13 % due to concerns of the new variant and the financial impact it may cause. Who knows what the future holds for the financial markets.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back