Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

We have Omicron Persei 8 (Futurama reference :) ) in Australia now. There are at least two confirmed cases that came into Australia on Saturday 27 November 2021 and possibly a third. The infected people were in contact with 250+ people on a plane and many more, including taxis, shopping centre staff, etc.

The powers at be (aka WHO) did not want to upset the Chinese leader by using Xi as a name for the variant......I guess they did not want him to think he was a virus or something..... ;)

Just a guess but Omicron may be named after a Transformer species:

Last edited:
No pain until I got vaccinated. It was bad with the first injection, and it is worse now that I have had the second. It has been suggested that they hit a nerve in my shoulder. It has also been suggested that it is psychosomatic and stop thinking about it. Which can I say is hard to do when it hurts all the time, and I can't lie on my right-hand side anymore.
I’m sorry to hear that. How long since the poke? Is it any better?

Just a guess but Omicron may be named after a Transformer species:
Isn‘t it a Greek letter?

They must have hit a nerve. Awful. I had no reaction on the first poke other than mild injection site soreness. Woke up vomiting on the second & the dogs ran after me lapping it up. Gross! 🤮🤮🤮

Owwwww. Can you still use it or is it like a permanent cramp?

Also in other news Canada has omicron variant now nOOOOOOO

Why did it have to be such a scary name too surely there are other ones like

γ Gamma
η Eta
ψ Psi
χ Ksi
σ Sigma
τ Tau
ρ Rho
π Pi
ι Iota
λ Lambda
φ Phi
ξ Xi
ζ Zeta

Surely there are better names

edit: they are not in order. Why they had to choose a letter with the scariest name but the most boring character I have no clue.
It has probably hit the US already & we don’t know. Soon.

They must have hit a nerve. Awful. I had no reaction on the first poke other than mild injection site soreness. Woke up vomiting on the second & the dogs ran after me lapping it up. Gross! 🤮🤮🤮
That is what they say. They hit a nerve. But now I have a sore shoulder, and the cure is paracetamol

She just wonders why my back is towards her all the time. She sleeps on the left side of the bed.
It'll be the better half....sticking needles into your arm to try and get some peace and quiet at night from all that foghorn snoring from you ;)

It'll be the better half....sticking needles into your arm to try and get some peace and quiet at night from all that foghorn snoring from you ;)
Excuse me. I only snore when I have had too much to drink, I have been told. Now at sixty that is never an issue as I have finally grown up (about 2 years ago).

Most reactions

Back