Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

I've had covid and let me tell you it's not pretty! I was bed bound for 4 days, my whole body was in pain, even my scalp stung when I touched it. My eyeballs felt bruised and ached in my head, I had sickness and diarrhea, could barely eat with a constant migraine. I've been left with visual disturbance, weakness and chronic fatigue which is slowly improving.

Correct me if I'm wrong, concerning the vaccine...I'm getting confused about people talking about immunity....as far as I'm aware, the vaccines don't provide immunity? I thought they were just supposed to help with the symptoms? As in stop you getting so poorly? They don't stop you being carriers of the virus either so you could still pass it on? 🤷‍♀️ I'm confused
Im sos sorry you had to go through that... And yes, the vaccines do lower the symptoms and in some people it will prevent it.

Im sos sorry you had to go through that... And yes, the vaccines do lower the symptoms and in some people it will prevent it.
Thanks, getting ill is just part of being human isn't it?

The covid vaccines don't contain the actual virus so they can't provide immunity from my understanding...they just teach the body how to recognise the virus and fight it....don't mistake me, I'm not an antivaxxer, I just think there's many who have been misled regarding the vaccines and what they are and how they work.

It would make sense for the medical and care professions to be vaccinated, if they're all ill there would be no one to look after the vulnerable...but they could still pass the virus on to those they're caring for whether they've been vaccinated or not
Yeah, just like the flu shot, they put the dead virus inside of you so that your immune system fights that and then if you get the live stuff you are able to fight it off.

The covid vaccines don't contain the actual virus so they can't provide immunity from my understanding...they just teach the body how to recognise the virus and fight it....don't mistake me, I'm not an antivaxxer, I just think there's many who have been misled regarding the vaccines and what they are and how they work.

It would make sense for the medical and care professions to be vaccinated, if they're all ill there would be no one to look after the vulnerable...but they could still pass the virus on to those they're caring for whether they've been vaccinated or not
It's extremely complicated thing to explain to masses.
And it doesn't make sense in 'it's either black or it's white' way majority of general population want to view it.

Basically:
Your immune system keeps record of every virus it ever encountered and record of how to defeat it. There is no virus or bacteria on this planet that your immune system cannot kill with ease.

It has 3, lets call them armies:
1st army: attacks your infested cells and attempts to defeat virus infection as soon as it's discovered.
Imagine it as couple of battalions of infantry on duty when surprise attack happens in the middle of the night. They rush to harass and attack virus infestation while divisions of infantry get mobilized, equipped and sent to the front. All this takes time.
This is what vaccine does: instead of having couple of battalions that have no idea what enemy looks like or where it is as it never encountered it before (your immune system). It mobilizes all those infantry divisions, tells them how to recognize enemy uniforms from friendly uniforms and how to best attack it.

Unfortunately this level of defense is the weakest and only meant to slow down the virus until:
Armor divisions are trained, tanks manufactured in sufficient numbers and sent to fight.
Then kicks in the 3rd level of defense which is sort of like air force bombers and cruise missiles that level everything. No virus can survive this level of immune response.
Unfortunately, when we say fighting the virus it actually means: killing our own virus infected cells so the virus cannot replicate as well as killing the virus trying to spread to other healthy cells.
All this takes a big toll on our bodies and some viruses are better at camouflaging themselves and tricking the immune system than others.
But overall: vaccine gives you much better chance of fighting of the virus than not having one at all.
That's for individuals.

As society: vaccines do something called herd immunity. Which basically slows the virus down, makes it harder for it to spread around and infect new hosts.
That's how most vaccines work. There is no vaccine that gives one immunity in a way people think. Every vaccine only offers certain level of protection.
But more people are vaccinated it becomes harder for virus and protection for every individual gets multiplied through herd immunity. Which is counter intuitive for individual person way to look at the things. But that's why the vaccine mandates. If there isn't enough people vaccinated it's like nobody is vaccinated.
Vaccine won't achieve herd immunity which is main purpose of every vaccine.

And that's just trying to be basic with explanation lol

It is hard to believe it’s almost been 2 years since this all started. Makes me wanna cry sometimes when I think about it.
Ive already done it... I just wish people could see what their doing to themselves... Its so frustrating! And sometimes I just wanna scream!

Ive already done it... I just wish people could see what their doing to themselves... Its so frustrating! And sometimes I just wanna scream!
It is hard not to think “where would be now if” something different had happened

Been to doctors. Take pain killers, get a massage. I have booked a massage for Monday; we will see what happens. I don't do pain killers, so will just put up with it for now.
Is there a medical reason you, “don’t do pain killers”..? Taking pain killers to ease the symptoms of pain can make you feel less tense and agitated so your body can repair/heal itself faster.

Is there a medical reason you, “don’t do pain killers”..? Taking pain killers to ease the symptoms of pain can make you feel less tense and agitated so your body can repair/heal itself faster.
My main reason is that Dad always said it is not good to mask muscle pain as you then think that you are fine and can therefore do more damage, the pain tells you to take care.

My main reason is that Dad always said it is not good to mask muscle pain as you then think that you are fine and can therefore do more damage, the pain tells you to take care.
I’m not medically trained/qualified so I think your dad might be right with some muscle injuries…if you’d done something to hurt your back maybe…? But, unless you’re planning on doing some heavy weight lifting, I would think the chances of making your arm worse would be slim. And having a more relaxed arm for the massage will be more comfortable for you too.

Most reactions

Back