Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

Looks like Covid is making an unwelcome comeback. Another strain is starting to spread and people are again being told to mask up.

Have you had Covid in the past? How long ago?
Have you had a recent case of covid?
Has anyone you know been recently infected?
Will you start wearing a mask again?
Will you be taking any precautions to lower your risk such as social distancing, avoiding public places, staying home more etc.
No
No
No
No
No
No

Looks like Covid is making an unwelcome comeback. Another strain is starting to spread and people are again being told to mask up.

Have you had Covid in the past? How long ago?
Have you had a recent case of covid?
Has anyone you know been recently infected?
Will you start wearing a mask again?
Will you be taking any precautions to lower your risk such as social distancing, avoiding public places, staying home more etc.

I won't mask up again because I'm told to - I will if it makes sense, as it did over the main outbreak. I'm up to date on my vaccinations, which means I am unlikely to become a vector for spreading the virus. I may be foolish but I figure I'm strong and healthy enough to ride through any infections - I had a moderated version last year, a toothless one because I was immunized, and while it was nasty, I got through it well. I know too many people who would really be in trouble, since I know a lot of older people, and people not far removed from chemo.

I have no fear for myself, but I do have respect for others. These new variants will probably finally be what the flat earth brigade said the original virus would be. We've reached a level of vaccination here that it should present as a flu-like sickness. The unvaccinated people might get hit harder, but that's their choice. We'll pay for their care if they get sick enough to be hospitalized.

Science is the best thing humans do, and I don't fear it. I'll get a booster, because it's sensible. Then I'll do what I do normally. The dominant life forms on this planet are bacteria, and it's a great planet to be a virus on. So it is, and so it has always been.

Connor's right, and I see what he's getting at, but I think it's getting questioned a whole lot, as this thread proves. :) Discussion is healthy. There seems to be a lot of propaganda going around on both sides of this (and any other potentially political) issue, but people never seem to notice their own side doing it. I encourage people to have their opinions, but any time the name-calling starts up, I tend to quit engaging. I've been called a "flat-earther" by one side, and a "sheeple" by the other. Yawn. Better to devote my finite time and energy to things that matter.

I've stayed up on my vaccinations as I'm a public school teacher and get exposed to everyone, just as I've been poked for measles, whooping cough, and all the rest.. I still got Covid at least once. It was like a nasty cold that held on for a week or more.

As for masks? I utterly hate the things. I guess I'll do what my doctor recommends and what my employer requires, and try not to get too riled up about it. I think this is a bad disease, possibly a human invention that got out of hand, and everybody's pretty much guessing on what to do about it, and yes, some politicians (on both sides) are always looking for a chance to increase their influence and authority.

But I have a good friend with "MD" after his name, and I trust him, and I tend to defer to him in medical matters. If he ever needs my advice on a musical or educational conundrum, I'll be here for him, too. :)

The newest vaccine should be coming out after the 12th, there is a final review. If you are debating waiting, don't. The old booster is not effective-like sugar water, the new vaccine will have more updated variants.

I am not looking forward to next week as I vaccinate in our pharmacy and flu shots have been slow so far because everyone is waiting for the new COVID booster.

Will say that I have seen a boost in prescription for COVID medications over the past few weeks.

I've never wanted to poke my nose into this subject... I manage a food manufacturing plant ( so we were considered front line workers ) we initially offered bonus's to get vaccinated... there were still some who refused, some that refused & said it was all fake, got covid... ( so much for totally being fake )... I had a stroke a year or so ago... mild, but when they were trying to figure out why I had it, I was given a blood test ( apparently "sometimes" when you get covid, or the vaccine, you can get a protein in your blood that can cause blood clots ) I tested negative for that protein... so they think I've never had covid. or reacted that way to all the recommended vaccines... no matter how it made the jump to humans, or what political side you are on, I think it's going to be with us from now on, like the flu, & like the flu, they will have various vaccines for the type they think is likely to go around each particular year... do I think I'm immune to it??? probably not, I just have a strong immune system... I very rarely get the flu when it's going around, & have had only have a couple flu shots, getting them when it was convenient, not just because it was flu season... I have a regular scheduled Dr. visit in a few weeks, I'm sure since I'm type 2 & have had high blood pressure, he's going to recommend a booster, which I'll likely get, because it will be convenient, not because I'm stressing over getting covid

Last edited:
Seems to me this is old news - CV is here to stay, it never went away and will probably never go away. Much like the flu and common cold, all we can hope for is that if we get it it will be a mild case. And for all who are unvaxed, good luck to ya should you git it.. Let each person determine how they will react: mask/unmask, vax or no vax...but here's the deal we all make our own choices and will have to live or die with the consequences. So to each his own....

I only know 1 or 2 people who haven't had covid at least once.

My son had covid last week, probably the new variant that is in the UK. He had flu symptoms but was completely fine within 72 hours. No-one caught it from him, despite no masks.

He/we spent a lot of time at my parents, just opened the windows and he used hand gel. They were very relaxed about it, but they've had the vaccine and boosters (6 jabs in all).

Everyone is "let people make their own choices" until the mass hysteria this turned up to 10. I vividly recall being called a "grandma killer" for not wearing masks outside while biking or swimming in the ocean, or walking on empty streets because all the scaredy cats were glued to their mask and their luggenpresse of choice.

I also recalled being denied service and being threatened with everything from loss of income to even loss of parental rights if I didn't toe the line.

I had a very personal loss - not due to covid - but because of covid mandates I couldn't be present to help my father, or say goodbye to him.

So, this IS personal to me, and anyone trying to force or or my son to get the shot, mask up, or shame or segregate us for it is my enemy, full stop.

I know people who have recently gotten it, it’s not great. And considering the heart problems known to be triggered by Covid, and the ones I have that were WORSENED by Covid, after my wedding I will be isolating, masking, and taking ivermectin/quercitin prophylactically. Getting sick, even just a cold, could be detrimental for me.

Now I know it’s likely I will be exposed at my wedding and during travel for our honeymoon, and for me that’s a risk I’ve decided to take. I have to balance between living my life and protecting it.

I had it last year. TBH, I barely noticed it. Only reason I knew I had it was that I was at a family gathering and got told the next day that someone there tested positive. So I took an at home test and was positive. I work from home so that wasn't affected. The worst part was not being able to leave the house until I tested negative.

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.
I believe in the terrain theory, not virus theory. These "pandemics" are just a way to control us via masks, jabs, lockdowns.

I ignored the mandates as mandates aren't laws.

Most reactions

Back