Coral Of The Week - Euphyllias

Thanks for the advice! :D

I would love to get one for sure. Just thinking of where I could place it, there are a few places but they all either have medium to high flow. Would this be an issue for most Euphyllias?

I moved my torch into a medium flow area and it still extended but did not look right mine seems to like a gentle flow to swirl around in.

light in my tank seems to be no issue so low to medium light should be fine.

Dave..look out the branching hammer...not as aggressive as many others and sits high up from the rockwork on a long calcereous stalk....a few on here have these if you check back..a real beauty of a coral as well under any lights !!!

Dave..look out the branching hammer...not as aggressive as many others and sits high up from the rockwork on a long calcereous stalk....a few on here have these if you check back..a real beauty of a coral as well under any lights !!!

Yip the hammerheads are stunning on my potential list for my 18" cube :)

Yep, I have seen some of the various peoples hammers on here, truly stunning looking! :D

How fast to these various Euphyllias grow?
In other words, will I spend a lot of time fragging and trying to offload frags in order to keep the size suitable for a nano?

Make sure you get a branching hammer and not an ancora as they are down rite nasty,lol....Depends on feeding and calcium levels really......won't out grow a nano for at least a few years though....fragging these is simple as well and there will always be someone looking for frags on the forums .....

Make sure you get a branching hammer and not an ancora as they are down rite nasty,lol....

Interesting you say that, I have one of each sitting next to each other touching, with no problems!

Seffie x

:fish:

ps Tina, I also used 'The Book' but I looked on the Internet as well for a better image :good:

ps Tina, I also used 'The Book' but I looked on the Internet as well for a better image

My monitor is shot atm, borrowed a little one from the next door neighbour, not brilliant for pics and its much much smaller, I struggle to see properley on it.

Most reactions

Back