Confused!

BettaChick14

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Um I have been reading the betta files on the forum and I heard something about a bubblenest???
What is that??? <><

Male betas make bubble nests at the tope of their tanks when they're in the mood. They make little bubbles with their mouths. Some nests can be really big. The female (although there doesn't need to be one for a male to make a nest) then will lay her eggs in the nest where it will be less likely for predators to make out the eggs and fry (baby fish). If I remember right, the male beta will protect his nest for a little while.

Male betas make bubble nests at the tope of their tanks when they're in the mood. They make little bubbles with their mouths. Some nests can be really big. The female (although there doesn't need to be one for a male to make a nest) then will lay her eggs in the nest where it will be less likely for predators to make out the eggs and fry (baby fish). If I remember right, the male beta will protect his nest for a little while.
Ive never heard anything like that^
I heard by alot of people they do it when there happy and comfartable with their enviroment, and they do it for their babies to go in.

Pretty much what guppyfan said they make them by coating air they take from the surface in spit, both my boys have them on the go at the moment,

They just tend to mean your betta is relaxed in his enviroment, or even bored lol.

Just to note not all bettas will do bubblenests, this does not mean that they are unhappy, not all will do :)

Yes well today I noticed a build up of bubbles in the corner of the tank. He is a boy too..

Most reactions

Back