Cleaning Pump On Orca 550

Trod

The indecisive one
Reaction score
As title says really, my pump has become blocked with chaeto and I have no idea how to get it out to clean it :crazy:

Any ideas guys, I have taken spray bar off but can't detach rest of pump from back weir :blush:

Help!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Not 100% sure but it should just pull out. I think they use an unbranded maxijet (the 450 does) so the bit the water comes out unscrews to remove the impeller (and thats about as much as you can take them apart).

Is it the pump that is connected to the skimmer or is it one that is connected to the spray bar?

On the 450 It just pulled out then the skimmer had a plastic bolt holding it on the divider.

Its the pump thats connected to the spray bar, I have tried pulling it out, but no luck, didn't want to use to much force in case I broke something :blush:

Its the pump thats connected to the spray bar, I have tried pulling it out, but no luck, didn't want to use to much force in case I broke something :blush:
On the 450 this pump is on a pad with suckers on it. You just need to pull away the clear flexible pump outlet pipe from the elbow at the spray bar, grab the pump body and give it a good tug :good:

Success :yahoo: Thank you again guys, managed to get it out, gave it a good clean and its working great again :good:

Most reactions

Back