Cichlasoma Ornatum Journal

Sorry I did not read it all but enjoyed the photos. Looks like you have a EBJD showing off in many of the photos. Can I ask did you get him from a breeder?
the EBJD was from an lfs (wharf aquatics) im just hoping it grows up to be as nice as james'

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail58_201502.php

Thought you may be interested.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail58_201502.php

Thought you may be interested.
thanks for the thought mate. i was offered these fish a few weeks back by the seller but i honestly dont have the room for them at the minute without selling off some of my other fish :sad: and i wouldnt trust them at that size with my juvis so i had to leave them.... they do seem a bit expensive for the time of year too!

I had some salvinis from this guy,I picked them up from his house. Scary place! Lots of snakes and spiders. Not little ones either. He did have some nice black nasties and Umbee's his male was a monster 16-17" easy!

It seemed a bit much to me but the value is determined by the buyer!

No fair. Pictures! :lol: I'll wait patiently i suppose. I assume the little Jack is still chugging along nicely. I'm excited for the fella(or lil miss) :p

No fair. Pictures! :lol: I'll wait patiently i suppose. I assume the little Jack is still chugging along nicely. I'm excited for the fella(or lil miss) :p
yeah the EBJD is still going strong and standing its ground amongst the ornatums. i may be swapping fish and tanks about very soon to give them more room so i promise to include pics of the jd for you james ;)

just spent the last 3 hours taking all of my plants out of my 4ft tank and adding more rocks and bogwood to give the ornatums a bigger home :hyper: it looks no where near as nice but then this tank is just for growing them on a bit hopefully..... ill tweak it as i go along until i like the look of it :hey:

ill get pics up tomorrow when the ornatums and EBJD have hopefully settled in their new pad :good: im hoping that now they are in the house near people they become less skittish in time :unsure:

hope you have better EBJD then what I had at my LFS. I'm very very disapointed with mine. He stoped growing at 4" and just gets more and more deformed looking as he ages. I have had him for over a year too.

Good luck with them seems like its hit or miss unless from a breeder. Hope yours is better then mine I can't wait to see more photos.

ok sorry about the wait guys but here are some new pics of the ornatums and their new pad and a couple of the EBJD that hides a lot :sad:

015-4.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

021-1.jpg

017-3.jpg

016-4.jpg

020.jpg

018-2.jpg

023.jpg

022-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

Your Jack is going to be so cute :) They can be very timid, just Jacks in general. As beautifull as mins is he's always sulking round the back of the tank, or nestled in amongst the plants.

Most reactions

Back