Christmas Weather

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

3am and it's 29C.

can't sleep, fuplie bi&^%$*&&%^&^$%&^ mozzie flying aorund trying to bite me and I cant find it.

--------------------
Cooling off a bit later in the week for you...

thats only helpful if I survive the next 24 hours, ad I die in 3 months (maybe sooner) when covid omicron goes nuts here.

i went thru about 6 litres of fluid today and haven't peed yet. sorry too much info but i am just sweating out everything i drink.

it's after midnight and still 33C and the wind has picked up and there is dust blowing everywhere.

I thought the wind was meant too pick up during the day and was caused by the hot air rising.
We just had Christmas dinner yesterday and had a chat about how years ago a family from Perth (Clients of my father who was in sales for Fokker airplanes then) visiting our country at Christmas time. They used to go out in the freezing cold for a walk cause they weren't familiar with this kind of weather in december (only from the Chrismas carols hahahaha). Later we had some New Zealanders as well to celebrate Christmas with us. More or less the same thing (then we even had snow hahaha)

Woo, we broke a record today. We had another 40C day and that is 4 in a row. The record was Perth having 3 days in a row of 40C or above temperatures in the month of December and was done in 1936 or something back then.

Perth's hottest days normally occur in January and February, so we got more to look forward too. Last summer they hit 46C. I'm not looking forward to that. People, animals and plants die when it's that hot :(

We FINALLY have a cool-down coming, but not until after the first of the new year

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 45
This is climate brutality you're describing.
I have to ask though, why don't you have a pet 3 foot diameter venomous, machine gun toting Australian leaping spider to grab the mosquito?

I've been feeling bad because it's snowed every day since Christmas, and I think it's about time for the clouds to turn off the tap and ease up a bit. We barely have any snow - 1 or 2 cm a day, and I know the real cold winter is ahead. I'm going to celebrate it by moving a hundred or so tropical fish ten hours at the usual coldest period of the year, in late january. I suspect it will be infinitely easier than moving them in Perth right now would be.

This is climate brutality you're describing.
I have to ask though, why don't you have a pet 3 foot diameter venomous, machine gun toting Australian leaping spider to grab the mosquito?
LOL :)

-----------------------
I'm going to celebrate it by moving a hundred or so tropical fish ten hours at the usual coldest period of the year, in late january. I suspect it will be infinitely easier than moving them in Perth right now would be.
They wouldn't exist in Perth right now. the water would either cook them or evaporate.

The tap water here is too hot to wash your hands under. Yes it's a cold tap but it's producing 45C+ drinking water. The water company has compensated by loading the water with chlorine so when you turn the tap on and try to fill a bottle, you get hot chlorine bleach fumes suffocating you.

I had a couple of litres of soy milk in my car. I drank them and they were like hot coffee.

Right now I stink. :(

Normally rains here most of the winter but I have about 40 cm of snow outside. Had to shovel the driveway 3 times over Christmas. Put a ceramic heater over the humming bird feeder to keep their sugar water from freezing, it still freezes but slower than normal. The Anna's (the type of humming bird here in the winter) now perch on the feeder just to get warm. Not to many humming birds can handle -10 c.

Normally rains here most of the winter but I have about 40 cm of snow outside. Had to shovel the driveway 3 times over Christmas. Put a ceramic heater over the humming bird feeder to keep their sugar water from freezing, it still freezes but slower than normal. The Anna's (the type of humming bird here in the winter) now perch on the feeder just to get warm. Not to many humming birds can handle -10 c.
🥶

Cold front moved through last night...jet stream actually dipped low enough to reach my area, Canadian cold and wind...temp dropped 35 degrees F in about six hours...went from tank top, shorts, and flip flops yesterday (with the A/C blasting) to layers and a beanie today, heater running...currently 44F, and windy...I'm freezing 🥶

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 46

Most reactions

Back