checking my maths ?update with pics

maine i use some local gravel known as tyne valley ,its similar to pea shingle but a larger grade and doesnt get drawn into the pump ,along with this i have bog wood and a few large but smooth boulders

well i made a start this week on the new pond,pulled all the paving up and got the first foot or so in height built,got my eye on some nice cladding for round the outside :hyper: liner arrived yesterday so fingers crossed ill be posting the pics in a week or 2 ,moving the fish straight over ,just gonna pump the water from one to the other then top up

well heres the update ,its peeing down :crazy: fish are housed in the new pond and the old ones demolished ,garden looks like a war zone

im after some floating plants now so if anyone can recommend a good mail order service for water lettuce and water hyacynth id be gratefull

also im after some sort of water feature that will run from the outlet of the bio filter(bear in mind its gravity fed and not under pressure ) the problem is most the ones ive seen need to run from a pump :fun: i was thinking of one of them lions heads so i can house the filter behind it :dunno:

pictures coming soon :kana:

another pond bribones :eek: so unfair!!

although once i finish college i'ved been promissed my dream pond :D

that liner was bloody cheap at work we could sell something like that for 200 odd quid.

Photos bri, photos come on, I keep coming back looking for them :nod:

Paul_MTS said:
another pond bribones :eek: so unfair!!

although once i finish college i'ved been promissed my dream pond :D

that liner was bloody cheap at work we could sell something like that for 200 odd quid.
Paul you changed your name :eek: I kept thinking who is that Paul-MTS :sly:

The essex gave you away :thumbs:

i changed that ages ago, the big ol picture of my arowana in my sig should of given it away!!

yeh we need pics bri!!

ill see what the weathers like tommorow and if i can move the tonne and a half of soil ill take some pics
not another pond paul a replacement for the stone one as the wife wants a lawn down for the kids ergo had to move the pond further down the garden so i can fence it off

(hows the feet) :lol:

the new ones 10x5 @3ft deep sloping down to slightly deeper so approx 1000 gallons
timber construction using 9x3 batons with cladding round the outside ,still a long way to go but hopefully 3 weeks should see the whole project finished then i can plan the smaller pond for the commons to oversummer in

a bit deep for planting hence the need for floating plants

same difference, it's double the size isn't it??

feet are kind of lumpy with patches of hard skin!! on my feet all day at work!! whos up for some pictures :D

you should of done step by step pics!! this isn't good enough! :p

im sure cat will jump at the chance of pictures paul :rofl: :rofl:

pictures tommorow i promise

it is a bit bigger paul and to be honest its much better than the stone one got lucky with the timber (free) from a demolition site just had to arrange transport (the boss) :flex: same with the cladding, picked a load of slightly damaged stuff up from a local timber dealer

on a bright note the fish wintered well with no losses and the smaller ghost koi and mirror carp are double the size ,im thinking of a few more during the summer but only after ive thinned down the commons :hyper:

yeh, she never could resist my feet!!

I'm not sure how I want my pond done now!! i did really like your rough slate work on your last build but my original thought was railway slippers so will have to see your wood effect but i also like the pond at work which is smmoth concrete with some nice slab stones on top!! so many decisions!!

I found koi grow pretty quick aswell!! my 3inch ones from last year are nor a healthy 5-6inch.

i couldn't resist a couple of koi from work when they came in either :wub: mmmmmmm cheap koi!!! :lol:

we only had 1 death that we have spotted so far which was a big old goldfish that was constantly bloated through the summer.

when i get back from work tomorrow I want to be seeing your pond!!

ok here we go,excuse the mess but we have had 2 days of rain

Attachments

• pond_1.jpg
    pond_1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 74

Most reactions

Back