Cheap Water Conditioner

Seachem Safe, or the pond version of most of the usual dechlorinators, or sodium thiosulphate.

I always buy it from a well known high street shop. Starts with a W, and ends in ilkinsons. Cant rember the price, but cheapest ive seen.

Steve

I use to get that but now I get nutrafin aqua plus, removes chlorine and chloramine, heavy metals and has a stress reducing formula (apparently). 500ml is also only £9.25 on ebay with free delivery. I think with Wilkinsons you only get 100 ml for £1.99. This stuff works out cheaper in the long run and also removes heavy metals plus has a stress reducing formula. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutrafin-Hagen-Aqua-Plus-120ml-250ml-500ml-2-LITRE-2L-Aquaplus-Tap-Water-Safe-/250977424937?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item801369254c

I used to use that nutrafin aqua plus but stopped as it was costing too much. A 25ml cap full only treats 40 litres of water where as with seachem prime I use now it's around £12 for a 500ml bottle but 5ml treats 200 litres of water. Definitely worth getting if you have bigger tanks. A bootle will last me 25 months average between my 450 litre tank and 150 litre :)

Can you get that in the UK? I've checked ebay and amazon UK but can't find it :/ That's why I use nutrafin aqua plus.

Yep, I'm in the uk. I got mine off amazon for £12 with free delivery. That's for 500ml's.

Can you get that in the UK? I've checked ebay and amazon UK but can't find it :/ That's why I use nutrafin aqua plus.

I did hear something about Seachem preventing people buying Prime online cheaply. I guess it actually went through as there's none on Amazon and the only ones on eBay are from abroad. A quick search of Seapets.co.uk reveals they're still selling 250ml bottles for £7.95. I dont know whether they're the cheapest, but they were the first online aquarium retailer I thought of and they have it in stock.

I did hear something about Seachem preventing people buying Prime online cheaply. I guess it actually went through as there's none on Amazon and the only ones on eBay are from abroad. A quick search of Seapets.co.uk reveals they're still selling 250ml bottles for £7.95. I dont know whether they're the cheapest, but they were the first online aquarium retailer I thought of and they have it in stock.

Marquatics do 100ml for £6.40, 250ml for £10.00, 500ml for £15.98, 2 litre for £62.59 not sure what delivery charge is.

Ive chosen API Stress Coat 1.9L its only 16.99 on amazon uk wise cant find prime anywhere :unsure:

Ive chosen API Stress Coat 1.9L its only 16.99 on amazon uk wise cant find prime anywhere :unsure:

It's a bit late now but it's readily available online, e.g. http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/seachem-prime-concentrated-conditioner-250ml-p-103.html

I'm amazed to find that it's completely disappeared from eBay (UK) though. Seems that the rumours of it being withdrawn were right! :angry:

Seachem are also bringing out new plant ranges (Aquavitro) that are only exclusive to LFS, not even allowed to be sold online by the LFS that stock them. There already have been some LFS threatened with action due to them selling online.

very strange...

Seachem are also bringing out new plant ranges (Aquavitro) that are only exclusive to LFS, not even allowed to be sold online by the LFS that stock them. There already have been some LFS threatened with action due to them selling online.

very strange...
Actually quite common... but a slight miss spelling and those in the know are buying "exclusive" products in bulk repackaged, its who as much as what you know that moves you forward... not in anyway defining forward...

Panic buy FTW, this little lot will last me about 6 years :lol:

P1010364.jpg

^^^hahahaha thats it! they are in cahoots with the government to get us to panic buy.

Actually quite common... but a slight miss spelling an those in the know are buying "exclusive" products in bulk repackaged, its who as much as what you know that moves you forward... not in anyway defining forward...

It's an old way of thinking though surely, Seachem must make a bomb in online sales...we arn't living in the 90's anymore. Saying that, i would rather go to my LFS and buy a product rather than ordering online.

^^^hahahaha thats it! they are in cahoots with the government to get us to panic buy.

Actually quite common... but a slight miss spelling an those in the know are buying "exclusive" products in bulk repackaged, its who as much as what you know that moves you forward... not in anyway defining forward...

It's an old way of thinking though surely, Seachem must make a bomb in online sales...we arn't living in the 90's anymore. Saying that, i would rather go to my LFS and buy a product rather than ordering online.

Even if it costs double at the LFS? you must have to much money :good: :)

I must add however that I now would not use any product but PRIME for my regular... yet I remain cautious of the rest...If it sounds to good .. then..!!!

Cheep as hell here in US still.

Panic buy FTW, this little lot will last me about 6 years :lol:

P1010364.jpg
OMG I love your counter top.. the inset, back splash and grout work is sexy as hell . is that a granite inset slab or the stove??

Thanks, that is just a granite slab used for a chopping board. I never knew grout could be classed as sexy :lol:

Most reactions

Back