Carcinogenic, Toxic Preservative In Fish Food

Maybe this is why I was losing fish in water with 0.001 NH3 and a good maintenance routine? We shall see.

I'm not at home right now so can't check my fish food, but given that the vast majority of us are probably feeding our fish food containing this ingredient and manage to not have them dying left, right and centre, I'm doubting that it's the cause.

I am not losing fish left, right and center. I'm not seeing enough fish living more than 15 months that I would like to.

I feel the point still stands that most of us are feeding our fish stuff containing the same ingredients and our fish live to be old and healthy.

I feel the point still stands that most of us are feeding our fish stuff containing the same ingredients and our fish live to be old and healthy.
The stuff my fish ate during the time my cousins were here several years ago... X_X Candy for fish sake!

I am having a bit of trouble here. Are we talking about McDonalds burgers or fish food? I find that standard fish foods, formulated to industry standards, are just fine for my fish. In fact I use a variety of them for my own fish and see no performance problems at all. KISSfn, I do not get where you are coming from. Are you trying to say that a Google search ever returns reliable information? If so, I must disagree. Google is a search engine, not a reliable source of information. It is only as good or as poor as what you feed to it. Even then you will find almost anything that matches your search definition, whether or not the resulting information is scientifically significant. Sorry, but until you define the real concern, the most I can make of this thread is that you try to avoid things that list a particular ingredient. I also avoid certain things so I cannot say that your prejudice is wrong, it is merely not something that I look for in my fish food.

I am having a bit of trouble here. Are we talking about McDonalds burgers or fish food? I find that standard fish foods, formulated to industry standards, are just fine for my fish. In fact I use a variety of them for my own fish and see no performance problems at all. KISSfn, I do not get where you are coming from. Are you trying to say that a Google search ever returns reliable information? If so, I must disagree. Google is a search engine, not a reliable source of information. It is only as good or as poor as what you feed to it. Even then you will find almost anything that matches your search definition, whether or not the resulting information is scientifically significant. Sorry, but until you define the real concern, the most I can make of this thread is that you try to avoid things that list a particular ingredient. I also avoid certain things so I cannot say that your prejudice is wrong, it is merely not something that I look for in my fish food.

You are far more knowledgeable about fish than I and I would not doubt that knowledge. A Google search can reveal reliable information. If I Google search Carraba's it will give me the restaurant's home page where I can find locations and look at the menu. Of course there is a lot of opinions on the net, but there are also facts. I did a search on Ethoxyquin. Again, there are good and bad opinions on it. Far more bad than good. But I don't think a Veterinarian who posts their negative views on the chemical has a hidden agenda. Nor do fellow pet owners. But I know the manufacturer of this chemical does have incentive to say it is safe. I choose to believe the people who have nothing to gain as opposed to a multi billion dollar giant chemical corporation. Living in the US I have no choice as Ethoxyquin is added by law to all fish caught in US waters. My concern is our pets (and surely ourselves) are forced to consume a possibly dangerous chemical whether I like it or not. So, I am avoiding fish food that adds additional Ethoxyquin. My "Meat Glue" post was just a way to show how consumers are being ripped off and their health put at risk for the almighty dollar.

FishFanatic04 said:
Can't do it. Ignorance is bliss. We don't eat fast food too much, but when I need hangover fries, I don't want to battle my headache AND thoughts of being poisoned. :lol:

THIS!
rofl.gif

I prefer to make my own hamburgers. Cheaper and tastier than McDonald's. Same for the fries. Nothing beats my mom's frying pan imo.

Most reactions

Back