Can't Think Of A Title...my New To Me 5 Foot :)

Whilst I am getting this all sorted, I need to start thinking of what substrate to use. Im kinda fixed on play sand, as its nice and cheap, but shall I put some kind of nutrient mix below it? Or maybe some cat litter underneath?

In my current setup, I had 1 inch of gravel, and capped it with sand, and the plants seemedto like it.

Any ideas?

I like your cat litter idea. OR even just cat liter on it's own. It looks nice actually.

If you check out my journal (link in sig) there are
Pictures of the bag and it in the tank.

Do you guys think that my TT Ex1200 will be man enough to cope on its own in the new tank?

The 5 footer is quite narrow, so it makes the tank 350 litres.

I know the filter is suited for tanks up to 500, but I would be more comfortable with 2 filters, but can't really afford another one at the moment!

Thoughts?

Yeah you will need 2 1200's eventually, but for the time being and foreseable future it will be fine. Remove the spraybars and just run the elbow. :good:

Do you have a water pump? Thats a good temp solution.
I have a little internal filter too, in my 180 that I added for flow, think that's rated at 600lph, so I'll chuck that in as well when I finally get it going

Good news is the tank is nice and sturdy and watertight. It has been full up in the back garden for a couple of weeks now, and has been buffeted by gale force winds, and torrential rain, and no leaks anywhere to be seen :)

I finished undercoating all the panels of the stand yesterday!

Hi. I once used cat litter and never again. :( Not too sure if it was just me, but the cat litter just never set and I was left with muddy cloudy water and a tank which never had light. It might be a good idea to test your setup in an ice cream tub or something to see if the cat liter does what you want it to do, or if it goes everywhere like mine.

Nice setup so far tho!!

Did you use clay cat litter tho ?

Most reactions

Back