Canister Filters

What model Fluval was it? And you do know they have a warrenty. And you do no that just because one person had a bad experience doesn't mean that they are all poorly made.

As for me, even thought that my opinion is mine and should not be addressed to all of them, I think all aquaclear filters are horrible.

it was a 204. i had tried it out and as soon as it packed up i didnt want a replacement im sure there are good ones but i now run 12 eheims of varying sizes and apart from an o ring going on one the rest have been great. although they cost more, they aint the market leader for nothing....

(oh and you are right those aquaclear things are the cheapest 'orrible things going..)

now fluval have 3 year warranty what do eheims have 2 or three year?
also is there any product reviews that line up the different makes and rate them -like car programs that take 5 cars of the same class and rate them

OMG You guys get a whole other assortmant of fluval filters in the UK. I am so jelous!

Is it me since there is no such thing as a 405 in the US?

Also Teelie, what happens if you limit the flow valve on the 4 series. Can it damaage the housing?>

I've never limited it but the flow adjustor does let you slow down the amount of water pressure. I just have it running fully open or closed if I'm working on the filter.

So both have a three year warranty, I'd suggest that you have a look at both and also look at tank fittings as certain pumps and tanks can be a problem eg. I have a tank with diagonal opening for wires pipes etc and it's a close fit because of the u shaped bracket the pipe clips into is bulky.

Most reactions

Back