Can Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms And Daphnia Co - Exist?

michaelb_123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
question is in the name!!!

I'm thinkin about startin an awesome little nursery in a small one gallon tank that you got back in the day for goldfish starters. . .remember? lol

So can they, or one or the other etc - tis just they are obviously quite cheap and it would be kinda cute seeing them exist when they arent living to be a meal

arnt i nice lol

- Enthusiast - :thumbs:

brine shrimp need very salty water, and cannot live with the other two, though daphnia and blood worm can live together, remember that blood worm are a larvae stage of midges, and I doubt you'd like them as much when they emerge. Daphnia are nice, but remember they die if they get too warm.

thanks a lot, might just see if i can get some daphnia then as midges dont seem such a good idea lol

I love getting really helpful info like that from people!!!

by the way i live in birmingham england and it isnt exactly warm round here lol :D

Thanks again dude!

- Enthusiast - :thumbs:

Why not switch out the bloodworms for blackworms?

blackworms? what are they and where can i get them from because i don't recall seeing them in fish shops around. . .. info would be appreciated as my .88 gallon is waiting for some inhabitants. . .

Thanks a lot - Enthusuast - :thumbs:

Blackworms are actual worms, not a larvae. They live in the substrate (often with part sticking out) and are available at most lfs over here (try ringing around the lfs in the phone book. If that produces no results then maybe try private breeders or fishkeeping clubs). Admittedly, they aren't very entertaining, but they are an option which aren't going to harm daphnia nor turn into a pest in a few months.

How bout just keeping the container outside, that way not only will you be able to get the daphnia and bloodworms but you'll also probably get mosquito larva as well (fish love them) :D Thats what I've done

Most reactions

Back