Can anyone help me with tank question???

mase2hot

Reaction score
WE ARE SETTING UP AN AQUIRIUM WITH 100 TANKS (30"X15"X12"). WE WERE GOING TO SEPERATLY FILTER AND HEAT EACH TANK BUT TOTAL WATTAGE FOR THIS SYSTEM WOULD BE 25,000 WATTS. PLUSS MAINTANENCE WOULD BE TIME CONSUMING.

IS THERE A SYSTEM OR IDEA SOMEONE COULD GIVE US THAT WE COULD USE A SUMP FOR THIS INSTEAD, OR EVEN SPLIT THE 100 TANKS INTO GROUPS AND SUMP SEVERAL. IS THEIER A FILTER THAT HAS SEVERAL INPUTS AND OUTPUTS FOR WATER?

BASICALY WHAT WOULD BE THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY OF DOING THIS.
WE HAVE EVEN THOUGHT OF USING STRONG POND FILTERS (CHANGING TO THE APPROPRIATE MEDIA) AND WATER PUMPS BUT HOW WOULD YOU HAVE SEVERAL PIPES ALL CONECTED BY THE TIME IT GETS TO THE PUMP AND VIS VERSA ON THE RETURN.

thanks

Jason

WHATS WITH ALL THE CAPS IT IS VERY HARD TO READ
THERE IS 2 SECTIONS FOR THESE KIND OF QUESTIONS UP TOP>>
NONE THE LESS I WILL GO BACK AND TRY TO READ YOUR POST NOW

Although I am sure we could come up with some fun answers here.
This is your first post so I amguessing you actually are trying to do this and not just trying to start some topic we can play with.
In that case I would suggest you visit some stores and talk to the managers (Some as in as many as you can find).. Make apointments and bring well thought out questions :)

They will have a much better Idea of how to point you in the right direction.

Yes, most stores run one huge sump, protien skimmer return pump ect. All tanks work on overflows...
Anyhow gl with your project...
If you are serious about it we would love for you to post your progress.
Oh,
and
one more thing.

:hi:

At my work, we have 150+ tanks, which are all filtered by several systems. There is a very large filter for every 5 tanks, plus heating. We also have individualy filtered tanks, that use under gravel filtering.

Another thing you may want to consider is to heat the room/rooms the tanks will be in to a higher temp, this way you can skip out on heating each tank seperately. If you consider this method, remember that tanks higher on the racks will be warmer than those on the lower levels (not by much). So, in stocking the tanks you may want to pay attention to where you place the fish. It's not going to be a huge change between the levels.

Most reactions

Back