Buying Fish Online And Receiving Via Post?

Just sent ste a mail about a couple of different fish i'm after, also mentioned he came highly recommended from fishforums.net :good:

Just this morning I received some fry from an ebay seller and was surprised to see there was nothing on the parcel to indicate it contained livestock. It took me 10 minutes to hack away the layers of brown parcel tape surrounding the styrofoam box (the only packaging), and inside in a sheet of newspaper were the fry in a coke bottle! The water was really cold, so I've just poured them out in to a small bowl with a bit of tank water added. They all seem ok at the moment but I'm really not happy they arrived like this, it doesn't seem right to me. :(

Btw they also came with my normal morning post, when I told the postman there were fish inside he was shocked and said they must have been banged about all over the place.

Just this morning I received some fry from an ebay seller and was surprised to see there was nothing on the parcel to indicate it contained livestock. It took me 10 minutes to hack away the layers of brown parcel tape surrounding the styrofoam box (the only packaging), and inside in a sheet of newspaper were the fry in a coke bottle! The water was really cold, so I've just poured them out in to a small bowl with a bit of tank water added. They all seem ok at the moment but I'm really not happy they arrived like this, it doesn't seem right to me. :(

Btw they also came with my normal morning post, when I told the postman there were fish inside he was shocked and said they must have been banged about all over the place.

Who was the ebay seller? Was there a heat pad?
How big was the coke bottle? 2litre?? Either way, thats rediculous.

It was a small single serving coke bottle, there was a pad in the sheet of newspaper but it was quite cold, and anyway it was positioned on the end of the lid. I'm not sure if I ought to name them publicly, they have excellent feedback so I guess this method gets them delivered in once piece, but I worry about the stress they undoubtedly went through delivered with the usual post with nothing to indicate the package contained livestock.

This was the first time I ordered fish by post and I wasn't sure if this was the norm ????

It was a small single serving coke bottle, there was a pad in the sheet of newspaper but it was quite cold, and anyway it was positioned on the end of the lid. I'm not sure if I ought to name them publicly, they have excellent feedback so I guess this method gets them delivered in once piece, but I worry about the stress they undoubtedly went through delivered with the usual post with nothing to indicate the package contained livestock.

This was the first time I ordered fish by post and I wasn't sure if this was the norm ????

Heatpack should still be hot when you get it, unless it's been in the post for 30+ hours.

I named and shamed kesgrave tropicals for sending me fish not as advertised. And I don't think using coke bottles is advisable.. possible contaminents and etc. Okay it's a sturdy container, but....mneh.

And it should be labelled live fish.

Just sent ste a mail about a couple of different fish i'm after, also mentioned he came highly recommended from fishforums.net :good:
I won some apistos and rare corys from him,waiting for them to arrive,so I'll keep you posted :good:

Nice one mate,, I should have 2 dwarf cockatoo cichlids arriving tomorrow morning from him aswell.
Been well helfpful via e-mail!
:D

guppy love - that coke bottle issue don't sound to good. but at least they weren't dead i suppose! :good:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh :S
any updates??

Hey mate, Yer, sorry got kinda of a 3 way thread post going on here, Also chatting about this in the - New World Cichlids - Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid thread & The Royal Mail one below :blush:

No fisheys :( Here's what i posted originally here!
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/344864-dwarf-cockatoo-cichlid/page__st__40

Well the day is up for me! no fish arrived! not happy with Royal Crappy Mail at all,
my local office has nothing for me "although done there best to try and help track parcel!
Says it was tracked leaving Ste's local office, But never arrived at the local Royal Mail hub,, which then is meant to go to my local office
i phoned the local hub they didn't give a monkeys and were rude and wouldn't even check there tracking system, just said sorry no, everything has gone out! be with you tomorrow i guess!
Hellooooo!!!!!! i paid for next day!!

whats this on there website??

17600312_TPA_promo_sd9.gif

I think not!!

Although spoke to my local postman, "nice chap" if the parcel is there in the morning he's going to bring it to me first on his round,
spoke to Ste,, He has confidence in his fish and packaging they could possible last 2 days.. and gotta give him a shout back tomorrow when i know whats what,

Overall not a great first attempt at ordering online,, I don't blame ste in anyway, Just crappy mail,
Took half a day of work and now gotta wait in the morning till postie gets here again,, For what could be 2 dead cockatoo's

Anyway, Sorry rant over! On another note, Got some nice new amazon swords delivered this morning for my tanks!
:D

I dont really buy fish online anymore because of postage costs, its much cheaper for me to buy from the 30 fish shops or so in my city than wasting a tenner on postage :rolleyes:

I dont really buy fish online anymore because of postage costs, its much cheaper for me to buy from the 30 fish shops or so in my city than wasting a tenner on postage :rolleyes:

Try living in the #14### end of nowhere...It probably works out cheaper for me to order my fish in from the net, or i settle for limited stock from Pets at home (my local one is very very good, and doesn't deserve the usual P@H flakk).

Most reactions

Back