Buying Fish Online And Receiving Via Post?

I dont really buy fish online anymore because of postage costs, its much cheaper for me to buy from the 30 fish shops or so in my city than wasting a tenner on postage :rolleyes:

30! shops! k'in heck! where you based then?

On the other side, i bought a pair of double reds for £4 off net, £11 postage "not that they have arrived yet " lol
and the best local store to me, Wildwoods. are charging £15.95 a fish!

So if the fish turn up safe and sounds, Sounds like you can get a bargin online
Although i do love to spend a good hr or so watching all the fish in the shops before buying, and picking my fav one
swings & roundabouts
:D

30! shops! k'in heck! where you based then?

On the other side, i bought a pair of double reds for £4 off net, £11 postage "not that they have arrived yet " lol
and the best local store to me, Wildwoods. are charging £15.95 a fish!

So if the fish turn up safe and sounds, Sounds like you can get a bargin online
Although i do love to spend a good hr or so watching all the fish in the shops before buying, and picking my fav one
swings & roundabouts

Thats me, I go down to the local pets at home every friday night (new delivery stock time) to check out whats on display, see if there's anything new and interesting, or simply to see how healthy their fish are on arrival.

For those who were interested in my situation with the missing fish!!

The moment of truth arrived! 48 hrs after they were posted! A pair of Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid arrive by post at 935 this morning!

:D :/ :X :blink: :unsure:

And the moment of truth!!!

442062fc.jpg

33957a50.jpg

e3a0b720.jpg

e53b1012.jpg

Wohooo!!!!!!! They made it!! :D :fish: :hooray: :- :kana: :clap: :cool: :drinks: :thanks: :yahoo:

Any thoughts on what to do now? Had them out the box for a few mins,
And have now popped them into the tank, Which is still in night mode, lights don't come on till 12,
How long should i let them chill before letting them out, Also should i turn the lights on early today whilst still in the bag?
any thoughts most appreciated
thanx
Ben

I would leave the lights off till tonight.
You can start adding your water to the bag by now. Ste's water is very soft and acidic according to the info in the description when I got my fish from him. If your water is different (like mine is) you'll need to acclimate them slowly, especially with the ordeal they've just been through. I took 3 hours over acclimating my green neons - probably overdoing it, but better safe than sorry.

I would leave the lights off till tonight.
You can start adding your water to the bag by now. Ste's water is very soft and acidic according to the info in the description when I got my fish from him. If your water is different (like mine is) you'll need to acclimate them slowly, especially with the ordeal they've just been through. I took 3 hours over acclimating my green neons - probably overdoing it, but better safe than sorry.

Nice one thanx, Spoke to ste to let him know they arrived safely and he gave us a few tips aswell,
Just acclimatizing them now!
So happy they made it!

I'm chuffed to bits for you that they arrived safely......eventually!!

Take as much time as you can with acclimatising them, poor little things are probably very, very stressed. As already advised, keep your lights off for quite some time once you've added the apistos to your tank, I'm sure all will go ok with them but better safe than sorry :)

Glad they arrived safely, it happened to me too and all mine are still going, just proves he has good stock :good:

Most reactions

Back