Ordering fish online

Ah thanks so much for documenting this, I've been very close to ordering from there too - good to know its definitely an option :good:
No worries:good: Very professional service indeed.

The shops that deliver here are next day delivery. I just had my first order - they misidentified the fish so sent me Pseudomugil Gertrudae, Inconspicuous & Luminatus instead of Pseudomugil Furcatus. They're sending the correct fish next week & I get to keep the 10 i got. Luckily I have the space for them.

Nowhere else can get the Furcatus in stock. So i still think worth using online when you've very specific fish & numbers in mind.

My own experience with Tropco has been very good.

Tropco have cancelled postal deliveries apart from very local until post Xmas I believe. Theyve a message on their website. They’ve been using UPS but have been let down.
Mine took approx 45hrs to travel 60ish miles. Their last 13 miles took 30hrs according to UPS own tracking system.
Under normal (non C19) circumstances I would’ve picked them up myself after making a day of it on the south coast.
Apparently all parcel delivery services are very very busy this month. Lockdown retail closures, travel restrictions and online shopping are the reasons given.

Id be extra wary of ordering livestock for the rest of the month.

btw I can’t fault tropco here. Plenty of emails and phone calls asking if they’d arrived. Fish seem fine. I’d use em again. Hopefully on the way back from the coast next summer. Fins crossed.

I did pop on the site last night to check stock and seen they had cancelled the postal deliveries because the carriers wasnt meeting their orders.

Fair play to Tropco for putting the fishes welfare first over money. Very well run company

Most reactions

Back