Budget Tank? 10 Gallon For Under 45 Bucks?

EllieJellyEllie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can get a 10 gallon betta fish set up for under 45 bucks? That is my budget right now, unless my iPod goes up in value tonight or tomorrow on ebay. Its at 47.50 - shipping and eBay fees. Plus I have 7 bucks from a petsitting job.

Right now I can get it to about 60 bucks.

Walmart tank starter kit
Thermometer
Pea Gravel
Walmart heater
PVC pipe for hidey
2 plants I already own

But that is also without a stand. Any free/very very cheap stand ideas?

I know of two local fish stores that sell in house made tanks for a dollar per gallon. You should be able to acquire a 10g for ten bucks. Then get a filter and heater on amazon to save a few bucks compared to walmarts pricing. I set up my bettas ten gallon for about 30 bucks. Lighting is a little bit extra at lfs so maybe it equals out with the walmart kit in the end.

I ordered mine from petsmart. 10 gallon kit was 29 bucks. Try Craigslist my dad got a great deal on there for his 55 gallon and 180 gallon setups. Lots of people just can't keep up with the hobby and will sell the whole thing for cheap.

We have hope :D

iPod is up to 57 bucks of course minus the shipping and eBay fees but yay!

image.jpg
I got this stand and have two ten gallon tanks on it. It was 17 dollars at target. I got it on sale tho. Hope you make lots of money on your iPod lol

I just realized..... I get 20 bucks and half of anything else. So if we get to 60-fees=50 then I get 35 o_O

I have 52 bucks now :D Ipods sold :D

I was checking craigslist but found nothing and I cant use it anyway :/

So I need another 50 bucks for a stand and decor

Just gotta be patient :)
Have any family members or neighbors that need some work done?

Most reactions

Back