Bronze Cory's?

Mike_Syr

Reaction score
Is this a Bronze Cory or is the rust color a sign of sickness? It is hard to see in the picture but, on the head and down the back of the fish the color is like a redish brown color, like rust or bronze. I am not sure if this is normal or a sign of sickness. All the pictures I have seen they only look like shiny sides and no red, brown or bronze coloring.

IMG_1464.JPG

They look like perfectly normal cory's to me nothing to worry about, You may find over time the barbels will weather down becuase you have a stony substance i would switch to sand it will be much more benifical for you corys and looks much nicer, Get down to argos and get 15kg play sand its only 3 quid ime getting some tomorrow lol.

I live in the USA. I have some marine sand. I am using a Tetra Whisper EX30 and a AquaClear 50 power filter that hang on the back of the 20G tank. Will the sand affect the filters? I have read that sand is not good for the pump mechanisms in these filters. I may change soon to a 29G or a 45G tank. The 29G is the same size as the 20 except higher. The 45G I saw in my LFS and is 36" X 12" X 24" ( 91cm X 30cm X 61cm). I have a stand that will fit the 45G. The 45G is a little wider than the 20G but, it is twice as high. That would be bigger than my television screen.

I live in the USA. I have some marine sand. I am using a Tetra Whisper EX30 and a AquaClear 50 power filter that hang on the back of the 20G tank. Will the sand affect the filters? I have read that sand is not good for the pump mechanisms in these filters. I may change soon to a 29G or a 45G tank. The 29G is the same size as the 20 except higher. The 45G I saw in my LFS and is 36" X 12" X 24" ( 91cm X 30cm X 61cm). I have a stand that will fit the 45G. The 45G is a little wider than the 20G but, it is twice as high. That would be bigger than my television screen.

I have never had problems with sand tanks all filters running fine to this day, but if you have cory's defintly switch to sand they love playing in it.

You may find over time the barbels will weather down becuase you have a stony substance i would switch to sand

hi, i agree that corys much prefer sand, but i'd just like to say that the corys barbels don't wear down because of the gravel, it's because of the bacteria in the gravel which can give the corys a bacterial infection which wears down the barbels. :good:

I have small smooth stones. I keep the depth real shallow, less than an inch. My Cory's all act fine and I think their color is good. My silver Molly's on the other hand have lost their shine and their color has become dull. Since I recently got back into tropical fish after many years I am changing 3-5 gallons a day on my 20G tank.

I just found a 55G with everything but the stand for $60. I will build or buy a stand and hope to have it set up by the end of the year.

Most reactions

Back