Betta Fin Rot?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just checked the store finder, no shops around here! Pets at home will have to do haha. Maybe ill think of buying another betta when im there next :)

Just looked at your post, every other betta has exactly the same! is it just in bettas or can other fish get it :s??
Thanks for using my picture so others can see too! maybe more people will start to notice this

To me it's not Columnaris but Finrot. A bacteria that often takes his chance when waterconditions are bad. Sounds strange, but the bigger the tank the better the conditions can be kept good !!! Can you give your waterreadings???

i bought the betta along with 5 other guppies, and after taking them home, i realised the guppies all had columnaris, so i think the betta also had columnaris because i think the petshop had one main filter for all of the tanks, so all the fish there must have it. anyway by the next morning after getting the fish, all of them had died. i know for a fact that the guppies had columnaris due to having all of the symptoms, i am currently treating my guppy and platy tank because of this infection, they seem to be getting better so fingers crossed! 
the water conditions were actually very good for the betta at my home, so i know it had not come from me. unfortunately im unable to give readings because i threw away the test strips last week after he died.  

Jessman said:
Just checked the store finder, no shops around here! Pets at home will have to do haha. Maybe ill think of buying another betta when im there next
smile.png

Reppin' up my company here - Our policy is Pets before Profit, always. If you're unhappy about something or find your experience not up to standard, do make a complaint.
I pretty much live in my fish section in my store :p
At the bottom of your receipt, you can go to a website called fish4opinion where you can enter your receipt details and do a survey on your experience. There's a place where you can comment on your visit and this is viewed by the Area Manager and also the whole store team. Feedback is always appreciated.

We may be a large chain store, but we do value our pets.
I deny people fish every day (mostly Goldfish and even Fancies) because their tanks are not adequate - The company is also a member of the Big Fish Campaign and should be happy to promote it :)

Perfect Sophie. Wished there were far more shops like these. Still think a 25 liter bowl is far to small for Betta's and guppys. Don't look what other people do or don't if it's your own pet and you have to treat them in the best possible way. Small tanks though filtered couldn't kept stabil for a ling period. Overhere they are believed only to be suitable for shrimps and snails. Nanotanks excluded !!!

Double Dutch - Only the betta was housed in the 25l bowl, it was filtered and heated with a cover in the top to keep the heat in, i was only planning on keeping it there for a week or so till the new 40l arrived. and my guppies and platys are in a 100l aquarium.

Sophie - No complaints about Pets at Home! I value their pets before profit policy, atleast then you know your getting a healthy pet/fish, thats where i got my first platys, and got a lot of useful information from staff. i was actually there on wednesday, had a lovely chat with one of the staff who was in the middle of doing water changes, she even went out of her way to show me some platy fry that had been born a few days earlier. thats where im planning on getting all future fish and/or pets. the only downside to it is i have to travel 30-40 mins to get there, hence the 'Pets at Home will have to do' haha.  

i'll probably use the new 40l for future fry now, i know there will be plenty to come! haha

Most reactions

Back