Best Species for 3 Gallon with Live Plants

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You could get some baby brine shrimp, when i was a kid they were called sea monkeys and the pack came with a little plastic magnifying glass to watch them, that might be fun, though most people just use them as fish food so...
You could get one of those plastic wind up fish those are fun for a couple hours especially in the tub, but all that winding gets tiresome after a while.
Seriously though your down to shrimp and snails. Id suggest googling pics of 3 gallon planted tanks, they can be beautiful and fun to maintain and with a few shrimp and a snail can be very interesting.
How can a snail be interesting... seriously.
Explain it to me.
All of you are saying their ‘magical’ or ‘interesting’. Please explain, go ahead.

How can a snail be interesting... seriously.
Explain it to me.
All of you are saying their ‘magical’ or ‘interesting’. Please explain, go ahead.
How can a gold fish be interesting or a betta or any fish?
Snails come in all different sizes and colors and shapes. Some larger snails can even be trained to hand feed.
I feel like im being punked, your the second person today as in as many minutes to want to put a bunch of fish in a 3 gallon tank, am i on camera????

How can a gold fish be interesting or a betta or any fish?
Snails come in all different sizes and colors and shapes. Some larger snails can even be trained to hand feed.
I feel like im being punked, your the second person today as in as many minutes to want to put a bunch of fish in a 3 gallon tank, am i on camera????
Fish move.

Fish move.
So do snails and shrimp! Nerite snails can be boring but mystery snails are great. Shrimp are so interesting to watch forage around and hop on the plants

You could get one of those battery powered HexBug robot fish. My brother wanted pets that didnt die so he got a ten gallon tank with robot fish :)

Whatever, this whole thing was pretty worthless.
I asked a valid question about the snails then you come back and tease me...
I love fish and have my entire life, it isn't my fault I'm in high school without a job to make money. I can't buy these exquisite 100-gallon tanks and throw bass in it.
I've got a 20 gallon, a 3 gallon, and (I might need to check...) a 5 gallon.

Thanks for toying around with me, for those who gave valid information thank you.

So do snails and shrimp! Nerite snails can be boring but mystery snails are great. Shrimp are so interesting to watch forage around and hop on the plants
I understand that I love shrimp. Snails, no matter what kind... are boring. They are snails, there's not much they can do.
They climb the wall, They move 8 inches every 3 minutes, and they don't do very active movements...

Thank you.

Some of us find shrimps and snails just as fascinating as fish, and can't understand why other people don't find them fascinating.

I am sorry but there are no fish that can live in a 3 gallon unheated tank. Even shrimps need some heat. Yes, there are cold water fish but they all need much bigger tanks.

How would you feel about making the 3 gallon into an underwater garden? There are some beautiful tanks that have no fish, just a wonderful display of plants.

I love fish and have my entire life, it isn't my fault I'm in high school without a job to make money. I can't buy these exquisite 100-gallon tanks and throw bass in it.

Thanks for toying around with me, for those who gave valid information thank you.
I apologize, I was not trying to tease you, just make light of the situation. I am also in high school with no job, and fish are expensive! I would try to get a small heater for under 5g tanks and get some shrimp :) you dont have to get snails if you feel they are boring

Sorry the valid info and invalid info was of no value to you good luck in your future aquarium keeping!

Some of us find shrimps and snails just as fascinating as fish, and can't understand why other people don't find them fascinating.

I am sorry but there are no fish that can live in a 3 gallon unheated tank. Even shrimps need some heat. Yes, there are cold water fish but they all need much bigger tanks.

How would you feel about making the 3 gallon into an underwater garden? There are some beautiful tanks that have no fish, just a wonderful display of plants.
I have heard of such, but as the same... boring to be honest. It is one thing to have a tomato plant and get stuff from it, its another thing to have wet leaves.
Thank you for the idea.

Most reactions

Back