Ben's 3rd, But Smallest Tank =)

ben1987

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So the display tank will be

36x15x12 inches
36x15x15 sump
24x12x12 frag tank that me and my mate are sharing.

Im going to try and keep everything boxed in and hidden this time. Probably build a wooden frame and plasterboard. Paint it all the same colour as the room. Then use magnets for the spots where i need to get in.

Lighting will be a single 250W halide. With blue LED's
Flow - koralias or tunzes probably
Skimmer either V2 400 or MCE600
Calcium reactor and C02

Thats about it. Il put some pics up when i get it moving
:good:

Nice plan mate..good luck with the new build !!

Cheers mate, technically on the size of the display i could nearly be chucked into the nano section now :)

Im hoping i can just keep this really clean and neat looking. Without having to strip half naked to clean the glass been as the water came to my shoulders on the corner one.

sounds ok are you going to wash out the 400lt tank at all

so a new plan is coming together then!

the sump is bigger than the display :lol: :good:

if you're after a mce600, i've just put mine up on UR?

have been running skimmerless for 3 months or so now with no ill effects so have decided that it would be better if someone used it rather than it just sat in my garage!

sounds ok are you going to wash out the 400lt tank at all

Yea, im going to wash it and clean it up. Then probably sell it. It was an awkward shape for me TBH

Well well, not as expected Ben.

Piccies asap, and watch that bloody doorframe on t way out.

Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Lol, will do, what were you expecting??

so a new plan is coming together then!

the sump is bigger than the display :lol: :good:

if you're after a mce600, i've just put mine up on UR?

have been running skimmerless for 3 months or so now with no ill effects so have decided that it would be better if someone used it rather than it just sat in my garage!

Il let you know when i see what money is left over after!

Dads coming over in the morning with his share of the power tools :shifty:

So you found one then Ben, was it from the Garden Centre? Carnt wait, make sure you get loads of pictures of where its going to go, building the stand etc etc. :)

I was expecting something like 3x2x2 or something like that.

I know you like space.

I got offered one, that would have been my ideal size. But it was 300 odd mile round trip. Drilled for closed loop aswel. I dont wanna leave them in temp accomodation for too long. Im planning on not having much rock in teh diplay. Keeping it neat and minimal.

Ben, Are you interested in that tank I talked about? I have found it. If you want it your welcome.

YF

Most reactions

Back