Beautiful Halfmoon Got Attacked

Starfishpower

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
if i look in lfs do yall think i will have any luck? iv looked there before but to no avail. im really upset cause he was gorgeous too. i put him in a community tank and it didnt work out so well there for a second. i quickly removed him. iv got to have my little fishies fin fixed. its not his caudal tail though thankfully, as far as i have seen anyway. its just the underside one. anybody no of anything else? i got some melefix. the tank he's in isnt using a filter though. does melefix need a filter? its just got an airline for surface turbulation to avoid a filmy buildup on the surface.

if i look in lfs do yall think i will have any luck? iv looked there before but to no avail. im really upset cause he was gorgeous too. i put him in a community tank and it didnt work out so well there for a second. i quickly removed him. iv got to have my little fishies fin fixed. its not his caudal tail though thankfully, as far as i have seen anyway. its just the underside one. anybody no of anything else? i got some melefix. the tank he's in isnt using a filter though. does melefix need a filter? its just got an airline for surface turbulation to avoid a filmy buildup on the surface.
You can get the leaves off Ebay. Have you added any Aquarium salt as this will help heal and fight any infection? Be careful using Melafix in a small tank especially if its not filtered as its easy to overdose and Ive heard many people say its caused sticky fins. Id put some in but at slightly less then the recommended dose. Id also do daily water changes instead of weekly.

I would half the dose on the bottle for bettas & make sure you are keeping up with the water changes. How big is the tank?

Sadly my betta eats his own tail every now and again... after panicking the first few times I now have the routine off pat and he has recovered rapidly every time.

He will be happier with somewhere to hide as well (a pot / plants etc) this will help him feel more secure & reduce stress. If he is having difficulty swimming, a lower water level will make it easier for him to reach the surface to breathe.

Good luck!

I would half the dose on the bottle for bettas & make sure you are keeping up with the water changes. How big is the tank?

Sadly my betta eats his own tail every now and again... after panicking the first few times I now have the routine off pat and he has recovered rapidly every time.

He will be happier with somewhere to hide as well (a pot / plants etc) this will help him feel more secure & reduce stress. If he is having difficulty swimming, a lower water level will make it easier for him to reach the surface to breathe.

Good luck!

he's in a 5.5 gallon tank. here's a picture of it. ill try and get a close up of him in a sec. his swimming seems to be a little impaired but iv seen him go to the surface numerous times now and watching it doesnt raise any alarms with me so i think the water level is ok, at least for now.

you can see how gorgeous he was o begin with by looking at his other fins. it apears to be just the bottom trailing fin that is hurt right now.

Attachments

• 5.5_g_aquarium_002.jpg
    5.5_g_aquarium_002.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 36
  • pic_of_torn_lower_fin_001.jpg
    pic_of_torn_lower_fin_001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
i got some stuff called Atison's Betta SPA by a company called Ocean Nutrition.

http://www.petdiscounters.com/Atisons-Bett...dvf18c1uuu12rr3

it has indian almond leaf extract in it. it looks like it might be really good stuff. i havent used it yet though, i wanted to possibly get some feedback on it first. anybody used this stuff before? and does anyone know if it can be used with melefix?

i got some stuff called Atison's Betta SPA by a company called Ocean Nutrition.

[URL="http://www.petdiscounters.com/Atisons-Bett...dvf18c1uuu12rr3"]http://www.petdiscounters.com/Atisons-Bett...dvf18c1uuu12rr3[/URL]

it has indian almond leaf extract in it. it looks like it might be really good stuff. i havent used it yet though, i wanted to possibly get some feedback on it first. anybody used this stuff before? and does anyone know if it can be used with melefix?
Never used it but it sounds great stuff and is from a good company, may have to get some myself lol! :good: I should imagine you can use it with Melafix just check on both the labels and remember to go easy on the Melafix!

check the bottle, i know u cannot use salt with it

im currently using this on my DT male, as he was very sick and nearly died, and its not too bad

the bottle doesnt say anything about mixing medications but it just sounded bad i my mind so i thought id ask. im sorry to hear about your DT. i hate when these thing happen. i cant stand to lose bettas. i love them so much, they're so personable. ok ill give this stuff a try and see what happens. good luck with your DT :good:

Most reactions

Back