Backkk!

orange shark

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, most of you probably don't remember me, or know me, or even like me! But i was posting for quite a while earlier in the year and i had a mishap with my tank and i quit fishkeeping. But now im nearing the end of my gcse exams so im using the tie after my exams to set up my tank again. I think where i went wrong last time was that i used 2 fluval 2 filters (one old one fluval 2+) so i've decided this time to go for one external filter. My tank is 29 gallons so i was wondering whether you could give me a reccomendation for an external filter which is the appropriate size for my tank.

Thanks, orange shark!

Hi, most of you probably don't remember me, or know me, or even like me! But i was posting for quite a while earlier in the year and i had a mishap with my tank and i quit fishkeeping. But now im nearing the end of my gcse exams so im using the tie after my exams to set up my tank again. I think where i went wrong last time was that i used 2 fluval 2 filters (one old one fluval 2+) so i've decided this time to go for one external filter. My tank is 29 gallons so i was wondering whether you could give me a reccomendation for an external filter which is the appropriate size for my tank.

Thanks, orange shark!

hi :) welcome back - wasnt even here then, but still, welcome :p

i have a 24 UK gallon tank i think (110L) and am using the tetratec ex700 (about £60 if you get it online, or get lucky at your lfs) - was recommended by rabbut iirc. its completely silent, have to touch it to know its still working, and the water looks really clear compared to the fluval internal I had. as promised by rabbut etc. the water did look great a few hours after changing the filter!

i think the ex700 is fine for anything upto about 200L (roughly 45G maybe??)

tetratec have an excellent newish range, and great prices too, i got mine from rocket aquatics (online, next day delivery)

good luck with your exams, by the way, my son has just finished his scottish equivelent of GCSE and its been tough,so all the best
shelagh xxxxx

lol, snap! ian

Thankyou to both of you, looks like the tetretec ex700 is top of the list so far but i would also like to get a few more opinions from people :)

thanks, orange shark

Thankyou to both of you, looks like the tetretec ex700 is top of the list so far but i would also like to get a few more opinions from people :)

thanks, orange shark

I really don't think you need to look any further than the Tetratec; all filter media, pipes & tubing are included.

now to raise £60...looks like my first tank will be going on ebay...

lol, put your playstation on :lol: you wont have time for that anymore.
ive got 2 of mine on there, to fund my filters for my oscars tanks, bit gutted but needs must, my filter arrives tommorow and havent sold either yet :blush: so if i can work out a way to cut back on spending this month i may be tempted to end the listing and stick them in the garage (stored not a fishroom )

Quite ironic really-my tank is 130 litre with an external filter and i use a fluval +2 in it! lol

Just realised i also need a new heater, any reccomendations?

thanks, orange shark

I also recoment tetrtec ex700's i use 3 of them look at zooplus dot com, then google zooplus discount codes and use the 1st 5% discount code on the order you can get one for £45 delivered !! normaly 3 days to arrive. this what i do, just took hold of my 3rd one yesterday.

For a 29, I have had good results from a Rena XP1. It has been in use on my 29 for 2 years now and is silent and trouble free. I have no experience with the tetratech so I can't compare them.

Most reactions

Back