Back With A Bang..

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Reaction score
Ok, so I have not been that enthusastic (bad spelling) lately as the tank I currently have (Aqua Medic Chromis) is just not the tank for me. So, im back with a bang! I have purchased this tank: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT abit of debt with my dad, but I think its worth the money. The damsel will not be going in the tank when it arrives, and what do you think with the other fish, will they be fine? I have decided I want a little shoal of Blue Chromis and not to sure about other stock, I like the fish in there already though apart from the damsel, sound a good plan?

So, lets start all over with a new 270ltr tank.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
looks good! with the stuff you have already too, should make a nice set-up.
What you wanting to keep in it?

i know the feeling when your not really into the tank you have.

Im hoping a small school of chromis, pair of clowns, royal gramma, not sure what else. I would of loved a puffer fish but there not reef safe :(

valentini puffers are reef safe tho yf

:hi: back marine son - wondered where you had been

Valentini puffers are usually reef safe but not completely safe, they will still take small snails, fan worms etc

Seffie x

ime there pretty placid

The Strawberry Dottyback and Royal Gramma may not get on. if they are OK together right now, you may get away with it, but you'll need to keep your eye on them :nod: Do you have any idea how difficult they are to remove from an established set-up though? It requires the removal of all the rock in most instances...

All the best
Rabbut

Why would there be problems rabbut? And its not a problem i will put dottyback in my dads tank as my mum quite likes that fish and im a fan of the royal gramma. Its good to be back seffie, i lost interest a bit becausr i just was not happy with mu current set up but i carnt wait for this new one, especially the chromis. How many should i get for a nice shoal and should i add them all together etc etc?

Strawberry Dottybacks look fairly similar in shape and have not too dissimilar colours to the Royal Gramma. Grammas are territorial to similar looking fish in the whole tank (unless it's a really big system), and any fish near their hole. For that reason, you may find the Gramma goes after the Dottyback...

All the best
Rabbut

HI mate

welcome back

i was thinking of a coral beauty,fireball angel,cherub angel,bellus angel,yelllow watchman goby,convict blenny,bicolour blenny,algea blenny,bangii cardinals,i will think of some more brain isnt working to day lol

so when is the tank coming

see ya soon mate

regards scott

Wow, can i keep angels in this tank then scott and we are picking the tank up either friday or saturday mate. What else can i keep??

dwarf angels would be fine. maybe a couple. I woudl streer clear of the dotty though, mine was a lil ar*e hole!

I love the aquamedic tanks, really nice systems.

You could go for a dwarf angel, a coral beauty should be ok but they can nip corals and sometimes are a bit aggressive. Mine leaves the corals alone but it also does have a go at anything that gets to close to it.

For the blue chromis (great choice, I love ours) I would get at least 6.

ur list is what i have save the chromis the puffer is not agressive at all goes for my snails and tube worms tho

Most reactions

Back