Atm's 5.5 Gallon Tank (reef In Progress)

Well Danno my mom got cut off on the highway and went into the ditch. she's ok but the cars not so I'm not able to get a digital camera this weekend. Hopefully they will continue the sale on the one I wanted so I can get it this week. I'm hoping they do since we are going on vacation in a week and I'd really like to take some pictures there. Anyways everything is going fine in the tank, the goby is finally coming out and swimming at all times of the day. Don't know what he eats yet but so far he's been living for 2 weeks now so something I think. Tried moving a mushroom but failed, didn't have the rubberband on it tight enough and when I woke up the next morning it was gone lost in the rockwork.

Hopefully will have pics later

Well the important thing is that your Mom is alright :nod:. Would it be possible to call the store up and get a raincheck over the phone? I've done that before.

Well the important thing is that your Mom is alright :nod:. Would it be possible to call the store up and get a raincheck over the phone? I've done that before.

Yup she's ok, that's good. :good: Turns out I might be able to get the camera today actually. My mom tried to get some party stuff for my little sis's b-day tomorrow but the dollar store didn't take credit so I'm hopefully going up with her today and maybe getting the camera :hyper: :good:

EDIT: I GOT MY CAMERA, now I just need to read instructions and take some pics.

Here's some basic pics. I've read up on the macro mode so far, still need to read up on all the other multiple settings.

Does anybody know how to get the black box on top of photos so you can see the full size photo, because some of my photos need that option like the crab?

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0044.JPG
    DSCF0044.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 79
Ya I resized it, are you saying I shouldn't resize it? I got it, I need to have it slightly too large, thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 78
What kind of camera? The pics are much better than your old one!

It is a Fujifilm A800. So far I love the camera. If you know the size of an emerald crab it's not big, mine's maybe .75" across. When it's not shrunk you can see the tiny hairs on it's leg. This is just with normal macro mode and my first day with the camera, I still haven't read the manual so I should be able to improve the pics even more. So far the camera has been amazing for the price. It's 8.3 megapixels and 3x optical zoom. I got it for 140$ at officemax on sale. I have a thread on it in photography board if your interested, I know you were looking at cameras saw your thread while researching mine though you said you wanted a more expensive camera.

Got a new mushroom and some polyps yesterday. Saw them in the coral tank at a lfs and my friend sold them to me for a couple bucks, couldn't pass it up. :shifty:

guess I need to start using photobucket, these are too big.

new mushroom
newmushroom.jpg

other new polyp
newpolyp.jpg

updated tank with new corals (can you find the hermit crab, he's hiding)
tank6-11-07.jpg

Attachments

• two_polyps.JPG
    two_polyps.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks, yes it is. Right now I'm hoping my lfs owner will let my friend get their coral and invert order in so i can get some more small pieces and snails. The owner isn't letting them atm unfortunately.

Just a little update in case anybody was wondering what was going on. Nothing much has changed. my goby is a lot of fun to feed now, always knows when I'm going to feed him, the crab catches some of the food too, thinking I need to get some food just for him and see what happens. Put a mushroom in a betta cup with some LR then went to utah, when I came back somehow it crawled out of the tiny hole and got lost under some rocks. More progress should come in about a month in a half. Will get a job in a month and reffing starts up in a month too so I'll be making a lot of money then. Will get more specific test kits and get some blastomussa, maybe setup a refugium and get some moonlights. Haven't been on here a lot, been in north carolina for vacation and utah for cross country camp and training a lot here. Should be on more soon.

do you know what that mushroom is called? Looks like the one that hitchhiked my live rock....

Most reactions

Back