Asking A Favour From A Juwel Vision 180 Owner?

Mark300zx

Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in the above aquarium and would like to know the size of the internal cabinets please, as I have an eheim filter and I would like to know if it would fit, also is the internal filter removable and is there space to  mount pipework for the external filter?

I have the 260 Vision and with a simple flat knife I gently pulled out the internal casing as it's stuck on with silicone, mine was in small circles so I was lucky - then just some scrubbing and it came off. The back has little dips for intake and outtake but my Fluval 406 lifts the lid slightly at the back as the pipes are wider than the gaps provided.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/Products/Aquariums/Vision-Line/Vision-180-UK-black.html?force_sid=giqe5vkei8jhr1c7f9b2r53uf0#!juwel-000000000000009320

Check the tech specs above and just knock a few cm off ;)

Thanks for the info, the tech specs don't give me the internal sizes of the cupboards underneath unless I am missing a link?

Mark300zx said:
Thanks for the info, the tech specs don't give me the internal sizes of the cupboards underneath unless I am missing a link?

They give you a rough approximation 84 (bottom) x 41 x 73 cm.
So I would say 84/3 = 28. Knock a few off 73cm for top and bottom panels, so I'd say 68 tall and 28 across and knock a few off 41 again so like 38 depth.

68 x 38 x 28. What size is the filter?
tongue2.gif

If this has confused you, don't worry - I understand myself aha.

Vision_180_SB.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the maths but I am really after a measurement as I can't tell if the bottom three sections are equal in division and if they aren't it would be an expenisve mistake?

Mark300zx said:
Hi,

Thanks for the maths but I am really after a measurement as I can't tell if the bottom three sections are equal in division and if they aren't it would be an expenisve mistake?

Just have to hunt for someone on here. The bottom three sections are equal if you judge by my cabinet, just have to take into consideration the door opening as this won't allow a "snug fit" as it rests inside as you open it if you get what I mean?

I'm about as DIY technical as a wet sock so please forgive me.

Can't help you yet as I'm looking after my little ones - if I haven't got back to you tonight shout me!

Yes I removed the pathetic internal filter and replaced with a fluval external but needed to cut the lid - ill put pics up and measurements later when I get 5!

Many thanks, just for your info the filter I have is approx. mm 333 x 210 x 300

I have two Ehiem External Eco Pro 2036 Filters, and they fit fine in each side of the cabinet.  What is your filter model?

The internal dimensions of the cabinet are 12.5 inches deep X 27 inches high X 9.5 inches wide.  The issue you have is with the width, as you have to allow about three quarters of an inch for the depth of the door when closing it, this would also apply to the depth too I guess.  If you want to be 100% sure then email Juwel and double check with them.  The main issue I have had is getting a tray the right size for the bottom of the cabinet, just in case of any initial leakage, it is fairly small hence most things are not suitable for the dimensions of the filter/cabinet.  Based on your measurements of mm 333 x 210 x 300, it will depend on which measurement fits which dimension as to whether the filter will fit?  The other option maybe to put it in the middle as there you do not have a door to contend with, or remove one of the doors, or put it at the side of the tank?

It is a lovely tank, yet to fit an external you will need to make some slight modifications in the lid to accommodate the pipework.  I got mine second-hand for a steal off Gumtree, so this was already done for me. 

What colour are you hoping to get?  New or second-hand?

Can you action this, as it will assist in helping you further.

Sorry mark I totally failed to get back to you, just seen these updates now.

Thanks RCA

RCA said:
I have two Ehiem External Eco Pro 2036 Filters, and they fit fine in each side of the cabinet.  What is your filter model?

The internal dimensions of the cabinet are 12.5 inches deep X 27 inches high X 9.5 inches wide.  The issue you have is with the width, as you have to allow about three quarters of an inch for the depth of the door when closing it, this would also apply to the depth too I guess.  If you want to be 100% sure then email Juwel and double check with them.  The main issue I have had is getting a tray the right size for the bottom of the cabinet, just in case of any initial leakage, it is fairly small hence most things are not suitable for the dimensions of the filter/cabinet.  Based on your measurements of mm 333 x 210 x 300, it will depend on which measurement fits which dimension as to whether the filter will fit?  The other option maybe to put it in the middle as there you do not have a door to contend with, or remove one of the doors, or put it at the side of the tank?

It is a lovely tank, yet to fit an external you will need to make some slight modifications in the lid to accommodate the pipework.  I got mine second-hand for a steal off Gumtree, so this was already done for me. 

What colour are you hoping to get?  New or second-hand?

Can you action this, as it will assist in helping you further.

Sorry can't update my location until I have 47 more approved posts !!!!!!

I tried ringing Juwel and they said all their aquariums are packaged and they cannot help me, I told them that's not professional!!!!

If you open a door is there a gap at the rear of the cuprboard?

Yes there is a gap, well their is on mine, but mine is different to the one mentioned as I do not hve the centre open part just two doors.

Reards
Jack

OK this is slightly bemuddling :), IIRC there's a gap at the rear of the cupboard to allow room for hoses etc., I think the only model available is the two cupboard and a gap type now!

Yeah I have no back to either cupboard, but there is a back to the centre partition.

Most reactions

Back