Aqueon tanks?

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of upgrading my paludarium to a 55 or 75g if I can do it affordable. Petco has a great deal going on aqueon tanks right now but some of the reviews scare me. Lots of reports of sloppy gluing and leaks. Leaks can be caused by improper handling and setup though, and a lot of reviewers obviously don’t know what they’re doing. A lot of “it started leaking after six months “ reports, which sounds like unlevel stands to me. So I’m not sure what to think.

Anybody had aqueon tanks? Any issues? Sale lasts until July 4th so need to get one ordered soon if I’m going to.

Here’s the tank I’m looking at.

Only issue I ever had with one of mine was a crack in the glass. Which could well have been caused by me. Petco was great about and happily replaced it. Other than that. never had any problems.

I have had a 125g for ~6 years, and I purchased it used with its [not that great] laminated pressboard stand. Supposedly it was 2 years old. I have been very happy with the tank and have had no issues.

Since coming back into the hobby in 2019 the only aquariums I’ve bought are Aqueon . I did have one five gallon that leaked but the woman who owns the pet shop replaced it . That’s the only time in 58 years that I’ve ever had a new aquarium leak . Kinda hard to screw up a three component item . Fret not thyself O anxious one and go buy your aquarium.

I’ve been thinking of upgrading my paludarium to a 55 or 75g if I can do it affordable. Petco has a great deal going on aqueon tanks right now but some of the reviews scare me. Lots of reports of sloppy gluing and leaks. Leaks can be caused by improper handling and setup though, and a lot of reviewers obviously don’t know what they’re doing. A lot of “it started leaking after six months “ reports, which sounds like unlevel stands to me. So I’m not sure what to think.

Anybody had aqueon tanks? Any issues? Sale lasts until July 4th so need to get one ordered soon if I’m going to.

Here’s the tank I’m looking at.
i just got a 10g aqueon and it's great! the silicone job is a little rusty but it does the job and seals well. the tops and bottoms rim of the tank is a little thick, but for a 75g that doesn't matter at all.
always do leak checks, for such a big tank, and if it leaks they will be happy to replace.

Petco near me has half price sales all the time on tanks. I've had my 55 gallon Aqueon tank from Petco for about a year now no issues.

All my tanks have been Aqueon for the last 20 years. That said, last month after running a 40 gallon for more than a year, leveled and on a flat surface, emptied out on me on the floor, poor silicone job. But I went back and got another one!

Me, no issues with Aqueon tanks…. And the good sales Petco runs. My Petco usually has them out in an area so you can look at the one you want to purchase. All sizes. Look for one that looks good for corner silicone coverage and no scratches on the glass. I’ve had good luck with this brand for normal purchases. Just my opinion. I also have a full LED hood from Aqueon with the LED’s, works excellent for my one 10 gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back