Aqueon ammonia neutralizer

What do you think of the water now?

Always include the colour card in the photo so we can see the colours...but looking back at the earlier photo with the card, this seems to be 0 ppm now, so that's good.

Why is there 2 tests for ammonia?

.and I am green again

Attachments

• 20220217_155632.jpg
    20220217_155632.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220214_202337.jpg
    20220214_202337.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 30
Is the decor mentioned in your signature in this tank? If yes, where did you get the black sand, and what brand is it? Is there any sign of whitish fungus/slime/mold on the spiderwood?

The dragon rock I looked up, and found this site...I would not expect this to be the ammonia source, but... ?

My decor is a few fake plants, 4 ornaments. I do have a green machine, to keep the algae away. I also have 2 aqueon filters. None of this is new decor.

My decor is a few fake plants, 4 ornaments. I do have a green machine, to keep the algae away. I also have 2 aqueon filters. None of this is new decor.

What is a green machine?

I turned off the machine and changed the way I add the prime...I think that was the problem bc now the test was good.
Thanks again
Tdiggy

I turned off the machine and changed the way I add the prime...I think that was the problem bc now the test was good.
Thanks again
Tdiggy

The Green machine is a UV sterilizer. Most aquarists do not bother with this in a freshwater aquarium because there is actually little benefit. It can help with green water, which is water that is coloured green from unicellular algae feeding on dissolved organics in the presence of light, but the UV does not have any real benefit with ordinary algae that grows on surfaces.

Prime is a water conditioner and should only be added with fresh water, during a water change. I don't know how it could cause ammonia, but...be careful with any of these additives, they all have downsides in spite of their usefulness as conditioners or whatever. And less rather than more of any additive is best.

I am back to green again, hoping the aquarist at the aquarium store can help. I am completely defeated.

I am back to green again, hoping the aquarist at the aquarium store can help. I am completely defeated.
Have you tested your tap water for ammonia? I may have asked this before but I kinda forget some of the stuff that happened... Sorry

I just did it again and it looks fine.

Attachments

• 20220219_102930.jpg
    20220219_102930.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220214_202337.jpg
    20220214_202337.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 26

Most reactions

Back