Aquamarine 900 Journal - My First Marine Tank

Looking good mate!

They look like they are going to be a lovely pair. Can't wait to see some pics of the corals under daylight

Looking good mate!

They look like they are going to be a lovely pair. Can't wait to see some pics of the corals under daylight
your wish :)
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Those mushrooms are sweet!

The zoa's will be nice once they have settled in and are all open. :good:

tank is coming along great,at a very similar stage to mine.It's amazing how much the mushrooms grow ,mine have doubled in size in a week!!!

Dave

tank is coming along great,at a very similar stage to mine.It's amazing how much the mushrooms grow ,mine have doubled in size in a week!!!

Dave

Cant wait to see the progress of mine :) had a little rescape today aswell, looks the same tbh but i think its more sturdy :p
got a store credit on return of my starfish, so i was going to ask everyone what do they think i should get (next week) with my £22 (plus i dont mind adding abit more :p)

choices would be among
more snails
more hermit crabs
a mithrax (emerald crab) ... im aware these guys are hit and miss and have read numerous posts amongst hobbyists saying some destroy coral,fish inverts etc and then others saying they love only algae and scraps.
a watchman goby
maybe some more coral mushrooms or zoanthids?
erm and any other suggestions?
(take in mind i have hair algae starting to grow which i have to get rid of lol)

oh and ainsy also sent me a nice lil book to sink my eyes into ;)
IMG_0132.jpg

More clean up crew is always useful. Personally I would avoid the mithrax - you are right they are supposed to be reef safe - but they can be hit and miss.

I would try and get your hair algae under control before you add much else that adds to your bio-load.

More clean up crew is always useful. Personally I would avoid the mithrax - you are right they are supposed to be reef safe - but they can be hit and miss.

I would try and get your hair algae under control before you add much else that adds to your bio-load.

Im on the hair algae issue as we speak monitoring phosphates and nitrates and i have cut my light hours down and doing water changes more frequently.

Quick question to all, who here uses carbon in there chemical media? (tray in my case), at the moment i have purigen and biophos in there and i read somewhere that biophos works wel with carbon. Any input on carbon :p

on anuther note i cant wait to get a shrimp as my copepods are everywhere swimming around in my tank lol.

I have never dosed anything.. at all. lol. I have not found a need for it. The rocks are a great filter for the tank and are well established now. I am siphoning out detritus occasionally on water changes though. Snails eat a lot of stuff lol. At least I know they are well fed.

-Tyler

Shouldn't need it if you are using purigen
Thought so but it's sitting there doing nothing so I though I'd ask :)

Found a suitable nano yet ainsy ;)

I agree with ainsy and I also agree with FishAreFriends. Yeah, ainsy, when's the nano coming?

I use purigen and chemipure elite on my Biocube. My other tanks are just refugium tanks. I do large water changes, so I've not been wanting for calcium.

L

Shouldn't need it if you are using purigen
Thought so but it's sitting there doing nothing so I though I'd ask :)

Found a suitable nano yet ainsy ;)

I agree with ainsy and I also agree with FishAreFriends. Yeah, ainsy, when's the nano coming?

I use purigen and chemipure elite on my Biocube. My other tanks are just refugium tanks. I do large water changes, so I've not been wanting for calcium.

L

please do call me ryan if i could change my user name i would :p its in my signature if you ever forget ;)
purigen rules! i love the stuff. Hair algae is almost gone now, starved the annoying stuff out :p not that it was huge amounts anyways was only a inch big and about 1ft wide on my sand lol.

Most reactions

Back