Any Tips For Self Adhesive Background?

herbie76

Reaction score
ive recently brought 2m of black self adhesive vinyl for my 6ft tank but am thinking this is going to be challenging to stick, im thinking lots of air bubbles which would look unsightly. has anyone had a go at using this before or any tips would be appreciated, thanks

heat it gently as you put it on will take the marks out of it ;)

Back in the day (pre 3D backgrounds)I always stuck vinyl backgrounds on the inside (water side) using special water proof double sided tabs (from eBay)

No air bubbles and a brighter colour.

i have used this stuff and still use on any tanks i need
i was advised by a profesional vinal fitter who does large shop window
to clean the glass then wet it before applying the vinel
i have done this on a fair few tanks from 12inch upo a 6x2x2 without any problems
i also use the same method to do the double glassed door on my fish house with easy
i thought it wouldnt work but was suprised that it does and makes the job a lot easyer
hyope tis helps
dave

Use a spray bottle and mist the glass before applying the vinyl, then squeegee out the air bubbles; using a credit card is fine. Nice and easy! :good:

Back in the day (pre 3D backgrounds)I always stuck vinyl backgrounds on the inside (water side) using special water proof double sided tabs (from eBay)

No air bubbles and a brighter colour.
do you think i will get a better finish if i stick the vinyl on the inside then, will it not peel off?

I wouldn't risk adding unknown chemicals in the water. But I'm just a newbie!

Most reactions

Back