Antlers in tank?

he does keeper-of-fish?

Do u know what process he took to prepare then for the tank? Does he have any probs or anything? Give me some more info :D ! lol

Ive boiled them already and now their in the oven.
Next they will go into a bucket of water forra while.

I think that should do it!

Wolf

To settle this debate, horns are made of keratin (like human hair and fingernails) and antlers are made of bone ;)
I believe another difference between the two is that antlers are usually shed whereas horns are not.

Putting either in a tank would be very risky if you ask me. If you've got your mind set on it, soak them in a bucket of water for a month or two and monitor any changes in water chemistry.

Hmm i was wondering the same thing the other day about antlers and tanks! I have some fossilized reindeer and elk antler sections that date back from the last ice age and were hauled up from the bottom of the north sea, they don't look very fossilised like they are made of bone or anything- considering they've been soaking in the sea for the last 30,000yrs and are semi fossilized, would they be pretty safe to put in a fish tank?

I have a large fossil collection and i know about not putting limestone and sandstone based rocks/fossils in a fish tank, but i have many fossils that do not consist of these rocks- my main question is, that many fossils are coated in a protective glue to stop them from falling apart and stuff but would they be safe to put in a fish tank?

well I think he just cleaned them really good (there deer antlers) hes got live plants growing underneath them it looks neat

If this helps I also seen a buffalo skull but im not sure if it was fake or real lol it was neat tho....

Well thanx for all the info guys.

I dont think ill use them after all.

Was a nice go though!

Now what to do with the nice deer rack i cut in half....

Wolf

Most reactions

Back