Angelfish n zebra danios

Tyler777

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I went to petsmart yesterday just to look at fish while my wife went to walmart a block away.
I was looking at a school of Zebra danios n was thinking they could look good in my future 125 G tank.
So I read bout em online n first website warned that they're fin snippers and they could give angelfish a hard time.
But then in another website they said Angel due to being some aggressive could Billy the danios till stressing the danios out n a third website said they're comparing fish in the same tank. So the websites contradict themselves. So I came to the truthful site.
Anybody can teach me n advice me bout these two being in the same tank or not ?
Thank you

Zebra danios prefer water that is cooler than what angels need. In nature, their waters get warm, but in aquariums, they seem healthier and longer lived in the low 20s C. They may nip a little in small groups, but generally, when kept properly, are great little fish. They can annoy angels with their zooming around, and they aren't fish I'd keep with angels as a result.

What you read on the other sites was probably correct. There is no one truth, just a lot of different experiences from different set ups. I've had full grown wild caught angels live just fine with fish smaller than zebras, and never eat them. I could make the same set up with different individual angels, and probably have a bloodbath.

Zebra danios prefer water that is cooler than what angels need. In nature, their waters get warm, but in aquariums, they seem healthier and longer lived in the low 20s C. They may nip a little in small groups, but generally, when kept properly, are great little fish. They can annoy angels with their zooming around, and they aren't fish I'd keep with angels as a result.

What you read on the other sites was probably correct. There is no one truth, just a lot of different experiences from different set ups. I've had full grown wild caught angels live just fine with fish smaller than zebras, and never eat them. I could make the same set up with different individual angels, and probably have a bloodbath.
Thank you Gary

Most reactions

Back