Ammonia level still high despite 7 day 50% water change. Please help!!!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Same, bow ties are cool ;)
I know this is unrelated to aquariums: But 11th is the only one who makes me wish I lived in that world. Capaldi was great in "In the Loop". But he is bizarre, weak and unimpressive as Dr. Who. And 10th was too cute for his own good. Too much teeth, if you ask me.

You can get AmGuard online for quite an okay price! I have used it for a while now, and it does the trick! ;) It is a chemical that kills ammonia somehow. Definitely recommend it for you!

I'd recommend against using chemicals. Chemicals are harmful for fish and you are only putting a band aid on the problem.

Your tank needs to establish itself naturally or you will have problems for years to come.

Three adult platys, one fry. Some plants. Three decors - one much bigger than the rest. 10 gallon tank.

Still ammonia level is at 0.5 despite 50% water changing EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for the last week and more. I suspect the newer decor - attached herewith - maybe the perp. My boyfriend doesn't even wanna hear it - being a giant Dr. Who fan.

The ornament, that we bought off Amazon is: Small size, measures approximately: 4.3"x4.1"x6.9" (11X 10.5X 17.5cm) (L x W x H ). Resin decoration, non-toxic, safe for use, creates water currents and dazzling underwater scenes.

No one else reported to having this problem in the comment section.

Okay first off I don't know what to do about this problem. But what I do have to say is I IS THAT A TARDIS FISH DECORATION???? WHERE DID YOU GET THAT??

I am the Doctor

Most reactions

Back