All Dead Now!

Yep, congrats! :good: :good:

She`s a bit dark under her chin which indicates she`s been holding for a while, any idea when they did 'the biz'? She looks like she`s been holding a bit longer than one of my females which is approx 2 weeks now so yours must be a bit longer I`d say.

kiriyama would be able to give you more of an idea as his females have spawned before, but this is the first time one of my females has held for this length of time :good:

WOW!!!!!
Nice big mouthfull, best way is to put her in her own wee tank and let her spit naturally, failing that strip her in a bucket and put the fry in a floating fry net. First method is best for mom though, she can spend a couple of weeks with the fry to recover before adding her back to the main tank to harrassed by the males...

Can I ask where you got the Cyps from ? They look great . . . :good:

Cheers, Sean

Riftvalleycichlids.

I have another tank (23l) but no filter or heater for it.

Riftvalleycichlids.

I have another tank (23l) but no filter or heater for it.

Yeah I thought they were from Mike, same as my ones, nice Cyps, I meant to ask you about the red rock, looks like the stuff in PFK article about the lake, looks good. The wee tank would be fine but obviousle need a small heater and maybe an air driven sponge. The only other thing would be to strip her snf put the fry in a fry box/net, but then she would have to go back in the main tank with the horndog males. . . .
Hope all goes well, cheers, Sean

What about a small internal filter?

The rock is just ocean rock with brown hair type algae/diatoms. Comes off easy. For some reason it looks red on the vid.

What about a small internal filter?

The rock is just ocean rock with brown hair type algae/diatoms. Comes off easy. For some reason it looks red on the vid.

Don't see why not with the small internal filter, I've only used small sponge filters for safety, I imagine small internal will be fine with Cyps,. . . . . . . . .

Cheers, Sean

What fry food? I use cyclops and mysis shrimp (both frozen), spirula and tanganikan flakes for the adults.

Cyclops is always welcome, baby brine shrimp if you can be a***d hatching it, as long as the foods small enoughfor there tiny mouths :good:

About 14 in total!

This is about an hour after they appeared. I was planning on moving her to this fry tank but after taking half the rocks out to try to catch her I think that actually caused her to spit them out. I fished them out of the main tank and plonked them in here. Fingers crossed!

What the frequency of feeding for this? For how long etc.
How long until they're big enough to pass on?

:hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0GoFyoeQw

About 14 in total!

This is about an hour after they appeared. I was planning on moving her to this fry tank but after taking half the rocks out to try to catch her I think that actually caused her to spit them out. I fished them out of the main tank and plonked them in here. Fingers crossed!

What the frequency of feeding for this? For how long etc.
How long until they're big enough to pass on?

:hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0GoFyoeQw

Cool, nice one!! :good: :good:

kiriyama will advise better than I with the cyp fry but i know with my malawi fry they need feeding 2-3 times a day with very small food i.e finely crushed flake and I do water changes every day or every other day of 50%.
I personally wait until any of my fry are approx 2-3" before I sell them on, at least that way I know they`re of a decent size where they`ll survive better :)

To say I'm f***ed off is an understatement!

The heater in their tank went nuts. I looked at them at 6 and all was fine. 1 hour later they're all dead an the temp was 32c!

Really annoyed.

I think next time I'll get a net in the main tank.

To say I'm f***ed off is an understatement!

The heater in their tank went nuts. I looked at them at 6 and all was fine. 1 hour later they're all dead an the temp was 32c!

Really annoyed.

I think next time I'll get a net in the main tank.

Oh no!! I`m really sorry :sad:

Most reactions

Back