Looking for advice on a new Mbuna tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Colin_T Can't find that one easily here, but I found a Seachem one. Does that look like what I'd need? The description seems to imply it has what you mentioned.

There seem to be quite a few salts and buffers (what's the difference, and do I need both?), so like to check I'm looking at the right thing.

Thanks
That one should be fine. Get the cichlid lake salt and don't bother with the alkaline regulator.

After you make up some water, check the pH and add some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda from the supermarket) if you need to raise the pH. Limestone, shells and dead coral rubble will all raise the pH too.

You will need to check the GH and KH too after you make up the water and get it close to what it is in nature. If you write down how many spoons of the salts you add to a container of water, then check the GH about 24 hours later, it will give you an idea of how much you need to add in future and you won't have to test the GH and KH as often because you will know that x spoons of the salts increases the GH by however much.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back