Advise On Bettas New Homes

RANDYS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my 5 gallon acrylic tank that I bought at a yard sale for 1.00 (tank in back), I have 2 of them which I bought for the same price. ****This is somewhat a repeat topic****. I have a female betta in each tank and 1 of them has no light which I've been trying to find for some time, well I emailed TOPFIN about obtaining a new light through them and they emailed back letting me know that they do not sell parts for their tanks only new setups. Also they mentioned that if I brought in my tank to the nearest Petsmart that they would replace the tank with a new one, now I'm quit certain they can't open a box and just give me a tank by itself--so does this mean I'll be getting a new 39.00 setup for almost free??? Well, I called the Manager at the nearest Petsmart and I told him that I was just looking for a light for my tank and he said that if I bring it in he'd replace it no matter how old the tank is. I most certainly didn't know TOPFIN had a lifetime warrantee on their tanks. I'm not one to cheat people out of things but if it has a lifetime warrantee would it make a difference if I bought it at a yard sale or in the store, kind of like buying certain tools---like craftsman, doesn't matter where you buy them they'll replace the tool for a new one. If this works I may have to take my other tank in and get another new setup, WOW---this could be great for my bettas and a great Christmas gift for me.

Here is a picture of the setup that I'll be getting after I take it back.

Attachments

• lg_9527_4d3e9.jpg
    lg_9527_4d3e9.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 6700_3911f.jpg
    6700_3911f.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 37
Also they mentioned that if I brought in my tank to the nearest Petsmart that they would replace the tank with a new one ...
Something tells me that they would only replace the tank if it had a defect or maybe if was cracked due to "operator error". I would think they would want to see as proof your broken light fixture in order to replace it.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I wouldn't expect to get a $40 deal from a $1 yard sale purchase. :)

They only replace them if it's a fault on there side
Cracked tank, Damage fitting, leakin etc also they want a recipt from the store you purachsed it from.

Just returned home from Petsmart a few minutes ago and to say the least Christmas came early this year. I took the tank into the store and I showed it to the sales person in fish who got a Manager, after a minute of telling her about what I was after she told the sales lady to go and get the tank setup and go with me to the cashier so I could exchange it. So now I have another whole setup including light, filter and tank which all rang up to around 43.00 dollars. I know it's not a very large tank but getting a brand new tank for free not counting the 1.00 dollar that I paid at a yard sale. Well tomorrow I take my other identical tank in at get another setup, I know for a 44 yr. old it should be crazy to get so excited but when you shop and get a great deal for a dollar each is one thing but finding out that the item can be returned for brand new setup is even bigger for me. The sales lady said she thought it was stupid that TOPFIN didn't have spare parts that coustomers could by instead of giving whole setups for items brought in, then she smiled at me and said good luck as I left the store. My bettas now have 2 new homes and soon I will return to check for more of these tanks at yard sales.

Just returned home with my other new tank, they didn't ask any questions and now I have another new betta tank for a 1.00. I have my first tank already setup with a betta in it and I'll be setting up the other tank tonight and putting the other betta thats in the 1.5 gallon in the new 5 setup, she should have a good time swimming with alot more space. My other betta is in a Critter Keeper Tank that holds a good 3 gallons of water so I'll either leave her in it or use my 5 gallon glass aquarium and put her into it, except it has no top yet but I do have a small light that if I could rig up a top somehow would fit on it. So for now I am setup with tanks, can't wait for the weather to get nice again and look for some more tanks.

Most reactions

Back