Advice Needed!

As for the tank itsel that plane and barrel inside look everything except natural. But who am i to criticize, it's a common mistakes among newbs, one i did in my days.

I think, given the variety of tanks owned by the members on this forum, making an assumption that everybody wants the 'natural' look is a silly move and saying it was a mistake is sillier still :blink: Everybody's taste is different - I appreciate the natural look but can also see why some people enjoy a more sculpted look. Some tanks are a bit tongue-in-cheek and some are fully on, in your face tacky. Although they're not to my taste, I can see the appeal in alternative decor schemes. :rolleyes:

to be honest half of the stuff came with the tank other than the plants which arnt attached to the fake log thing.
at some point im guna re-aquascape the whole tank once im happy with the amount of fish and filtering, im very new to this hobby so slowly learning. i dont want the complete natural look so il probs keep the plane but put some more plants around it. i weirdly also quite like the look of the internal filter it self even though it does take a chunk of the tank up in the back corner but its still a lot quieter than the 205.

i believe its an old model vicenza as the front isnt bowed. i dont think the roma comes in 180 either but i could be wrong. all i know is its 180 litre...

can someone please recommend me a decent external filter? fluval 206 any good?

Your tank should look exactly how you want it to look. Anything anyone says is just an outside opinion. I have a tank with all silk plants and I love it. I also have fully high tech planted tanks. Do whatever you want as long as your fish are happy. :good:

One of my favorite examples of a "unnatural" tank {even though he recently added plants} is a forum member here: JDs4me. It is an underwater graveyard complete with coffin and skeleton. It's fantastic!

It's YOUR tank & it's however you wish to express yourself with your tank. Never mind what anyone else says. I have a large boat feature in mine along with an air coffin & jewels (created a scene of the ship breaking & treasure & coffin have fallen out!! ) along with a air & light volcano ..... And I love it. Natural ...... Not for me!!!

to be honest half of the stuff came with the tank other than the plants which arnt attached to the fake log thing.
at some point im guna re-aquascape the whole tank once im happy with the amount of fish and filtering, im very new to this hobby so slowly learning. i dont want the complete natural look so il probs keep the plane but put some more plants around it. i weirdly also quite like the look of the internal filter it self even though it does take a chunk of the tank up in the back corner but its still a lot quieter than the 205.

i believe its an old model vicenza as the front isnt bowed. i dont think the roma comes in 180 either but i could be wrong. all i know is its 180 litre...

can someone please recommend me a decent external filter? fluval 206 any good?

For 180 litres I'd choose a Fluval 306. :good:

I can see most people did not like my opinion of the tank.
In my defence its my opinion. Nothing more than that. I did not say to remove it because what i want.
But whats the point of posting pictures of our tanks here if we cannot agree with diference of opinion.
If i did not want people's opinions wether i like or not i would surely not bother to lose my time ib here.

Everyone should be able to express their opinion as long as it is done respectfully, which Aquamaniac did.

I just thought the wording was a bit harsh, not that a difference of view shouldn't be expressed. Don't wanna be scaring off new members! :rolleyes:

I can see most people did not like my opinion of the tank.
In my defence its my opinion. Nothing more than that. I did not say to remove it because what i want.
But whats the point of posting pictures of our tanks here if we cannot agree with diference of opinion.
If i did not want people's opinions wether i like or not i would surely not bother to lose my time ib here.

You are entitled to say what you think. Even people who disagree with your opinion are just expressing their thoughts. I don't think there is any reason to defend yourself, except maybe with your wording to a new member. I think a little encouragement can go a lot farther. Maybe try a suggestion next time instead of a shoot down. :good:

Most reactions

Back