Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

Sorry, I had read from the beginning but a week or two ago, just was a bit dim really.

Are you just soaking the wood for the moment and then putting the substrate in after your weekend away? I did read you were waiting till then to order plants.

You really have put some planning and prep work into this havn't you.

Looking forward to more.

It did as Bagu says go downhill after the Man U sign I must admit, will see my my team back in Premiership next year, league champions aswell. Wolves all the way afraid.

Are you just soaking the wood for the moment and then putting the substrate in after your weekend away? I did read you were waiting till then to order plants.

i shall put the substrate it in after i come back, then i can have a week to mess around with the positioning until i order the planst (hopefully)
You really have put some planning and prep work into this havn't you.
yep :)

It did as Bagu says go downhill after the Man U sign I must admit, will see my my team back in Premiership next year, league champions aswell. Wolves all the way afraid.

another team to beat :p

thanks.

for the glass lily pipes, you said they are 17mm, but the tetratecex1200 is 16mm connections.... does it fit snugly or do you have to have something to keep them on?

for the glass lily pipes, you said they are 17mm, but the tetratecex1200 is 16mm connections.... does it fit snugly or do you have to have something to keep them on?

Warm the tubing up from a kettle and they will expand, becoming for flexible to fit over the pipes.

Warm the tubing up from a kettle and they will expand, becoming for flexible to fit over the pipes.

ok, thanks, and do they need anything to keep them on? is it best to have a cable tie around them or not?

ok, thanks, and do they need anything to keep them on? is it best to have a cable tie around them or not?

they are a tight fit, if you want you can use jubilee clips.

Wood & substrate is in, pics are just uploading :)

10l of JBL in, i have made an island shape with it so that you cannot see the 2 substrate lines at the front of the glass - much neater ;)

DSCF0095.jpg

then i added the ADA Malaya, sloping towards the rear to create depth.

DSCF0097.jpg

wood arrangment begins....

DSCF0099.jpg

and the finished product

DSCF0108.jpg

overall i am happy with it :)

thanks,

microsorum pteropus "narrow" (i love this plant!)
different crypts, with C.Balansae across the back.
echinodorous tennelus
eleocharis accicularis or parvula.
maybe some moss. (not java though)
anubias "nana"

thanks,

microsorum pteropus "narrow" (i love this plant!)
different crypts, with C.Balansae across the back.
echinodorous tennelus
eleocharis accicularis or parvula.
maybe some moss. (not java though)
anubias "nana"

nice list, i have fame moss in my dp tank, its coming on nice, i really like the shapes it make :)

good luck

Most reactions

Back